89 325i Wipers Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 325i Wipers Not Working

In the scramble to get my 89 325i ready for the 400 mile trip up to school I’ve ran into an issue with my wipers. This car was in a crash (no fault of my own) and I had to rebuild the whole front end, including removing multiple chassis grounds. I am now having an issue with my wipers where they will not run due to an issue with the electrical system. I removed my k10 fuse and jumped pins 15 and 53 and there is no issue with the motors running. When replacing the fuse the wipers reset to their original position and the pins of the fuse didn’t look burnt or damaged. I re-pulled k10 and tested pin 31s continuity to ground but DIDNT get continuity. This makes me think that I have removed a ground somewhere that is messing with the fuse box grounding. I checked the G200 ground (under the brake pedal) and it seemed fine, as well as the G103 ground (strut tower). What/where are the major ground points that I need to check, especially those pertaining to the fuse box and particularly K10 relay? I also have a parasitic drain linked to fuse 21, I am unsure if this is related or not. Hopefully I’ve provided enough information for someone out there to help me solve this issue

That sucks about your wipers, but don't make 3 separate threads because you're not getting an answer quick enough.

Get the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual (ETM) for your car. Some manuals are more complete than others, I like the 1989 325i / 325is manual:

If your wipers aren't fixed in time for your trip, clean your windshield and apply Rain-X. This will make the water bead and run off as you drive. It's not perfect, but it'll get you there.
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
      That sucks about your wipers, but don't make 3 separate threads because you're not getting an answer quick enough.

Get the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual (ETM) for your car. Some manuals are more complete than others, I like the 1989 325i / 325is manual:

If your wipers aren't fixed in time for your trip, clean your windshield and apply Rain-X. This will make the water bead and run off as you drive. It's not perfect, but it'll get you there.
      Sorry for the multiple posts, I was trying to edit my original post but it wasn’t working or letting me add comments either so I just posted a new thread. I should have added a update or some other disclaimer before the 2nd post.

Comment

Working...
      X