No announcement yet.

No start when warmed up - M20 B25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placed a hose in a bucket that was conencted to the Fuel Pressure Regulator. Fuel flowed at a really good rate into the bucket and pressure on the fuel line connected to the Fuel Rail was maintained at about 40 psi so I knew that the FPR must be working as it should. Tried again to blow into the line that was connected to the Fuel Pressure Regulator. No Dice. So I figured it might be an obstruction in the hard line that goes under the vehicle to the fuel tank. Removed the rubber hose at the rear of the vehicle and then hooked up a compressor with the air line connected to an air blower with a point (cone) on the end. Blew pressurized air through the line from the hose in the engine bay that was connected to the Fuel Pressure Regulator.
    Boom!

it spit out some gas so I turned the pressure on the compressor up and blew it out thoroughly.

I cleared the obstruction. Reconencted the fuel line hose to the hard line in the rear. Reconnected the Fuel Pressure Regulator Hose in the engine bay.

Started right up and maintained proper idle with fuel pressure at the rail reading 40 ish psi.
    Warmed and reved engine .
    Rev's well. Slight misses here and there that I attribute to the oil fouled plugs and really old gas mixed with the fresh Ethanol Free gas I added.

Plugs get changed today. Holds different throttle positions and is responsive to throttle input as iot should be.

Blocked Return line caused all of this madness.
    So if one experiences a rough idle after start and then when throttle is applied the engine dies and wont start again.

Check the return line on the Fuel Pressure Regulator. It may be crimped , blocked , etc.

Thanks a million billion for the assistance digger

Comment

It’s apparently not that uncommon for it to block there
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Lesson learned. When you pull apart an engine and remove vacuum and fuel lines. Cap the orifices that are fuel and air related.

Comment

Working...
        X