Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coolent hose on the throttlebody?

I was wondering why we have these?

I had to delete this to be able to drive again because the gasket sprung a leak

is deleting this a bad thing? or does it really matter? like a heater core or AC?
    You have Honda = I talk shit

its to warm up the TB for cold climates...

In charlotte you aren't going to need it. And in warmer climates you don't really want your TB hotter. It just increases your air temp, lowering performance.
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

That fucking gasket blew on me on my way down to Bimmerfest.

Alot of people told me that had deleted it, so it's not a huge issue.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
      And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
        its to warm up the TB for cold climates...

In charlotte you aren't going to need it. And in warmer climates you don't really want your TB hotter. It just increases your air temp, lowering performance.
        yup, exactly. I deleted mine, it's just an annoyance.

Comment

I was going to delete mine or remake the gasket next weekend, but I'm not sure what I should do.
          I live in California, so it's warm here, but I do go to Tahoe almost every weekend in the winter and it's cold there. Is it cold there that I should keep the coolant hose, or should I delete it?

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
          And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

The throttle body heater loop is to prevent the throttle plate from freezing in low temperature environments. If the car will never see those environments, it can be deleted. Otherwise it should be kept functional. Lifting off the accelerator and having nothing happen when the car is at speed leads to more excitement than most wish to experience (been there, done that)!
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
            X