No announcement yet.

can this be trusted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judged by an enclosed hi-res detailed picture - yeah, guy seems legit...

Comment

I was thinking that too. looks like the real deal, he has a large rep too on ebay. Thanks bro. One is supposed to be here today. Guess ill let you guys know.
      1989 325i - sold
      1987 RX-7 Turbo II - sold
      1990 325i

Comment

As it seems i think this is a fake. I searched images of real chips and they all have copyright dates on them and this doesnt. Please let me know if this is really true.
        1989 325i - sold
        1990 325i

Comment

You know, I was being sarcastic...

Read between the lines, man.

Comment

thought you were oh well cant always relay emotion in typing....clarification and help would have been better.
            1989 325i - sold
            1990 325i

Comment

you'll not he said that it was legit by the clear high res picture, when if you open the link the picture is small and blurry, hence sarc asm
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Sarcasm. Just what we need more of on this forum...

Comment

well i have seen some other the other stuff he has sold and it was all nice. ask him to send you some better pictures...
                  sigpic
                  "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

i wouldnt really trust the content of any chip except ones bought straight from mark d, turner, etc. not ebay. also, it would make everyone selling chips atleast seeeem a lot more legit if they didnt claim +15hp +15trq or whatever like they all do. ive bought a couple chips off ebay for different cars and they all "worked" but that doesnt mean theyre programmed as well as a respected chip maker's. however, some are probably direct copies.

Comment

It's obviously not a real dinan chip. It will probably still work fine though.

Comment

To be honest, I know people who have bought ebay chips and they've worked perfectly. For the most part, they're just ripped off copies of Dinan/MarkD/TMS chips but you take a huge chance by buying ebay chips. They have no guarantee behind them. Is it really worth it to r3v your engine trying to save a hundred bucks or so instead of buying a legit chip?
                        If that is a real Dinan, or a knock off Dinan chip, they don't really compare to the JimC or MarkD chips anyway. They only work at WOT.
                        Also, the guys who are making chips for the E30 community (ie MarkD and JimC) are few and they should be supported by the entire community. I don't think it's right that we're giving money to people who just rip their software off and sell them for extremely low prices while the guys who actually engineered the software are left high and dry.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                        And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

^true that.

i doubt the guys on ebay selling 20 dollar chips bothered to write their own maps, because then they wouldnt be selling them for 20 dollars and wouldnt have chips for every make and model of car haha. however, i sure wouldnt trust any maps if they WERE written by one of those guys. stick with what is known to work. OP you can look around and probably find one for sale on here or another site for a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
                            ^true that.

i doubt the guys on ebay selling 20 dollar chips bothered to write their own maps, because then they wouldnt be selling them for 20 dollars and wouldnt have chips for every make and model of car haha. however, i sure wouldnt trust any maps if they WERE written by one of those guys. stick with what is known to work. OP you can look around and probably find one for sale on here or another site for a good price.
                            There are alot of guys who decide to sell their chips to one reason or another so you can always pick those up for cheap. I know I've seen one or two guys trying to sell their Mark D chip within the last month or so.
                            Also I know MarkD has been doing group buys for his chips. I got mine over the Christmas holidays and I know he did another one recently. I think I paid $180 shipped for my brand new chip from him.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                            And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Working...
                            X