ix m20 into is..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ix m20 into is..

Ive got a blown 89 325is and i just bought a running m20 out of a 91 325ix..

My first problem obviously is the oil pan situation which i have luckily.. Next probelm i can see is the dipstick is in a different place on the block and the oil pump situation. NANDO says you need to swap out the intermediate shafts and some maching to get the pump to work.. Is all this worth it for a solid running M20 or should i just find another?

-Brandon
    Last edited by 4ce30; 09-18-2009, 09:16 AM.
    sigpic

doesnt the ix motor sit at a different angle?

Comment

the biggest issue is the oil pump. you can't just bolt on an is oil pump to an ixblock.. you'll have to do some maching. also the intermediate shafts need to be swapped. the other problems are minor.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        the biggest issue is the oil pump. you can't just bolt on an is oil pump to an ixblock.. you'll have to do some maching. also the intermediate shafts need to be swapped. the other problems are minor.

Appreciate the feedback, i noticed the oil pump has a bracket that goes to the main and i wouldnt want to F with that.. i might just put this oilpan back on and keep this engine complete and go with another one.. Ibought the engine for a great deal i couldnt pass, do you think its worth the trouble or should i look for another block? thanks
        -Brandon
        sigpic

Comment

just find an is m20, they are dime a dozen.
          '12 F30 328i Sport Line
          '91 SpecE30 #523
          '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by kishg View Post
            just find an is m20, they are dime a dozen.
            true but i just purchased this motor and its in really really really good codition.. :???: shitty...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4ce30 View Post
              true but i just purchased this motor and its in really really really good codition.. :???: shitty...
              sell it to an ix owner with a blown motor :)
              '12 F30 328i Sport Line
              '91 SpecE30 #523
              '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Looks like im on the hunt for another engine.. thanks NANDO your the $h!t
                sigpic

Comment

I am on the hunt for an iX motor to rebuild, if your looking to get rid of it. PM me if interested. Even just the bottom end would be fine for me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X