Dinan m20 intake manifold

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bmwstephen
    replied
    Originally posted by Cabriolet
    I just callled Dinan and they still have an m20 high flow intake manifold in-stock. does anyone have any experience with these? they say is has a +20% flow rate and i need every bit of power i can get out of my m20. thoughts and pics would be awesome

    that's interesting, last time I called they were sold out. which location did you contact? It is essentially a stock intake manifold that has its runners ported and polished. There is no change in runnner length, injector mounting or anything. Calling Chris at Dinan of Morgan Hill even confirmed Dinan used to be in a location where the extrude shop was right down the corner where they sent their intake manifolds to have processed. They do powder coat it black though.

    as for picking one up. make sure you get a dinan chip D900-2532 as well. this version of the chip was specifically tuned to compensate for the low end power loss with just the manifold alone.

    Here's my review of a typical "extrude" manifold with pics. I picked mine up from Ireland Engineering when I called Dinan and they told me that they were sold out (which is why I find it odd that they told you they had some in stock).

    Last edited by bmwstephen; 10-30-2010, 09:36 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rau
    replied
    Originally posted by bmw325csi
    i say fuck all that and get this:
    http://www.extrudabody.com/Products/Manifolds.html
    that looks bad as fuck. Something I may need in the future

    Leave a comment:


  • bmw325csi
    replied
    i say fuck all that and get this:

    Leave a comment:


  • digger
    replied
    Who says an extrude manifold actually provides an increase? it is possible that the gains are only in the very upper rpm and reducing gas flow in the runnners has been proven to cause big losses in midrange power.

    Leave a comment:


  • bmw325csi
    replied
    just click on e30, performance parts, then intake & exhaust. Its the last item there

    Leave a comment:


  • Cabriolet
    replied
    takes me only to their main page.


    and btw this isnt just an intake its a whole new intake manifold.

    Leave a comment:


  • foofopps
    replied
    IE http://store.nexternal.com/shared/St...unt2=861915230

    Leave a comment:


  • brody
    replied
    Originally posted by NKRoberts
    I'm just curious if you have any links for that testing. I have been looking at some Miller Products, but I am always skeptical of what gains the company claim themselves.
    I understand that there are lots of companies out there that claim #'s on crappy products that don't do anything, but it is pretty well known what those crappy parts and companies are. And it becomes known real fast.

    There are plenty of users on this forum alone who can chime in on the performance of our products. But lets not clutter this thread about the Dinan Manifold.

    Check your PMs too ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • NKRoberts
    replied
    Originally posted by brody

    There is plenty of independent results out there for all our different products. I think it has long been proven we make parts that actually work like we say. :)
    I'm just curious if you have any links for that testing. I have been looking at some Miller Products, but I am always skeptical of what gains the company claim themselves.

    Leave a comment:


  • brody
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    too bad you can only get your intake with a MAF
    Yes.

    And Miller needs some unbiased independent test data.
    There is plenty of independent results out there for all our different products. I think it has long been proven we make parts that actually work like we say. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Sagaris
    replied
    Originally posted by brody
    For half the price buy our PSIK. A stock engine will gain 20+ wheel HP and TQ, I guarantee you it will perform better than that goofy manifold. If you were 3.0L or bigger then that mani may be useful...

    And Miller needs some unbiased independent test data.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    too bad you can only get your intake with a MAF

    Leave a comment:


  • brody
    replied
    Originally posted by Cabriolet
    link plox
    Link! http://millerperformancecars.com/cat...&category_id=6

    Here is the thread on its development too...

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    you know $1300 is more than halfway to a set of dbilas ITBs.. not exactly a panacea for M20 performance, but if you're paying for looks/name, why not.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cabriolet
    replied
    i have no clue what it looks like so i was hoping someone had one/ or pics of one. the guy said something about runner length was changed from stock to change flow rates.

    Leave a comment:

Working...