"Chips"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Chips"

Is there really much difference between the ebay chips and ones like Dinan? I see the same claims for all of them...are the cheap ones just copies?

Bob
    03 325xiT/5

Originally posted by achillies View Post
    Is there really much difference between the ebay chips and ones like Dinan? I see the same claims for all of them...are the cheap ones just copies?

Bob
    Most of them are just copies of Dinan or other tuners.

Comment

Buy a MarkD chip direct from him.

Comment

From what I have heard the clones are of DINAN, and are garbage!

If you wan't a well engineered chip, you can go with my brand or the various others offered here
        BarrieM/// BMW Tuner

Email:midnight-tuning@rogers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Midnighttuning View Post

If you wan't a well engineered chip, you can go with my brand or the various others offered here
          If it's a copy of the binary, how can it be garbage? Only garbage part about it is that it's ripped off.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            If it's a copy of the binary, how can it be garbage? Only garbage part about it is that it's ripped off.
            sorry, the changes to the bin file rather
            BarrieM/// BMW Tuner

Comment

I got a DINAN chip when they were on sale at their open house. it really woke up my m20.
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

this guys a file/info leech, i wouldnt buy anything from him tbh.

ebay chips are probably mostly all copies of a decent tuner or brands file or a slightly altered version to avoid potential copyright infringement. it seems this sort of carry on also happens with name brands as i have bought chips from a fair few brands and read them and tha majority are so similar in ignition/fuelling that id say u wouldnt even feel a difference between them. dinan seems to be the only one that actually tuned theirs and didnt dupe/modify someone elses but dinan dont tune the part throttle maps either so u get stock part throttle maps and tuned full throttle maps which i think is a bit of a let down, also their tune sucks above 5800rpm as ignition retards and fuelling increases to the extent u notice the drop in power and have to change up a gear.

i also sell chips and whatnot but unlike this guy im not trying to force my stuff down anyones throat.. if someone wants a chip from me then they can ask me and until then i dont try to persuade people to buy my stuff.

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

Comment

Originally posted by DmcL View Post
                  this guys a file/info leech, i wouldnt buy anything from him tbh.

ebay chips are probably mostly all copies of a decent tuner or brands file or a slightly altered version to avoid potential copyright infringement. it seems this sort of carry on also happens with name brands as i have bought chips from a fair few brands and read them and tha majority are so similar in ignition/fuelling that id say u wouldnt even feel a difference between them. dinan seems to be the only one that actually tuned theirs and didnt dupe/modify someone elses but dinan dont tune the part throttle maps either so u get stock part throttle maps and tuned full throttle maps which i think is a bit of a let down, also their tune sucks above 5800rpm as ignition retards and fuelling increases to the extent u notice the drop in power and have to change up a gear.

i also sell chips and whatnot but unlike this guy im not trying to force my stuff down anyones throat.. if someone wants a chip from me then they can ask me and until then i dont try to persuade people to buy my stuff.
                  I'm a file/info leech
                  If I was a leech, then why would I have posted here to help you?

of course this was before I realized what you were up to, so don't play games...This is why both you and revlimit or hankentt have been banned from the forum...Your listings suggest the obvious and the fact that you are claiming to others you are a "bosch motronic expert" is complete joke...I could light you on fire all day long, and so could the other tuners you mention in your listings. I wont forget to mention you are claiming to have better tunes then the big names, but how would you know this?? Unless . BTW the only absolute expert on these systems are the engineers that designed the original systems

keep your copyright file collections to yourself

Thanks for coming out though/\
                  Last edited by Midnighttuning; 03-17-2011, 12:59 AM.
                  BarrieM/// BMW Tuner

Comment

I'm a file/info leech
                    If I was a leech, then why would I have posted here to help you?

of course this was before I realized what you were up to, so don't play games...This is why both you and revlimit or hankentt have been banned from the forum...Your listings suggest the obvious and the fact that you are claiming to others you are a "bosch motronic expert" is complete joke...I could light you on fire all day long, and so could the other tuners you mention in your listings. I wont forget to mention you are claiming to have better tunes then the big names, but how would you know this?? Unless . BTW the only absolute expert on these systems are the engineers that designed the original systems

keep your copyright file collections to yourself

Thanks for coming out though/\
                    As far as I know you invited me to join your forum, where I have only 5 post and where I posted my OBD2 bmw findings. I just contributed to your forum. There is a XDF section on your forum where you ripped off my hard work from tunerpro download section. Don't be a thief and erase the posts where you stole my XDF definitions from Tunerpro website. And you also ran "tuned files" sub forum, you distributed comercial files, that is theft. I don't see the sub forum there any more you must of received lawsuit threats.

Comment

Originally posted by HakenTT View Post
                      As far as I know you invited me to join your forum, where I have only 5 post and where I posted my OBD2 bmw findings. I just contributed to your forum. There is a XDF section on your forum where you ripped off my hard work from tunerpro download section. Don't be a thief and erase the posts where you stole my XDF definitions from Tunerpro website. And you also ran "tuned files" sub forum, you distributed comercial files, that is theft. I don't see the sub forum there any more you must of received lawsuit threats.
                      Oh you too now??
                      every post you make is BS
                      You are not worth my time
                      BarrieM/// BMW Tuner

Comment

2 on 1 here dude and its only going to get worse for u so why not just leave now?

everyone whos into ECU tuning looks at other files, its how the game works. i wouldnt be surprised if after a while i find my stuff is being copied or passed around online, thats just how it is. now where the line is drawn is in copying and selling the hard work of someone else which it is starting to appear more and more like u may be doing but then who would know since u banned loads of people after u took all the files/info they posted up for yourself. i have no beef with obtaining files and using them for comparison but copying and selling is a big no-no.

ur fighting a losing battle dude just leave already and enjoy your little file/info hoarding operation on ur own site and dont bring that shit here or to e30tech.

and as i said if i find any of my own work in a chip from midnight tuning then u will need to lawyer up.

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

Comment

Originally posted by DmcL View Post
                          2 on 1 here dude and its only going to get worse for u so why not just leave now?

everyone whos into ECU tuning looks at other files, its how the game works. i wouldnt be surprised if after a while i find my stuff is being copied or passed around online, thats just how it is. now where the line is drawn is in copying and selling the hard work of someone else which it is starting to appear more and more like u may be doing but then who would know since u banned loads of people after u took all the files/info they posted up for yourself. i have no beef with obtaining files and using them for comparison but copying and selling is a big no-no.

ur fighting a losing battle dude just leave already and enjoy your little file/info hoarding operation on ur own site and dont bring that shit here or to e30tech.

and as i said if i find any of my own work in a chip from midnight tuning then u will need to lawyer up.
                          BarrieM/// BMW Tuner

Comment

does this shit have to bleed over into every thread. please take this to pm or some other means, or at least just keep it to one thread. his is in no way helping to answer the op's question. also all of this cross thread bickering won't help any of you sell your tunes later on this site.
                            CCW- when every second counts... The police are just minutes away!

Comment

also isnt that advertising i see in in ur sig? last time i checked u werent sponsoring the site..

notice how i am also a bmw tuner yet oddly i dont seem to have contact details in my sig.

seriously dude just give it up already.

@ soemo, read my last post in the thread fully. i explained about ebay vs genuine. also i covered it a bit here as well:

Currently E30-less

- EthosMotorsports.com

Comment

Working...
                              X