325i rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325i rebuild

Ok, ive got a '86 325e thats as slow as a turd. I just started an auto tech class, and in the class we have to rebuild an engine. The teacher is real cool and told me i can bring in an engine, rebuild it, and put it in my car when im done. So, im gonna go buy a 325i engine from the junkyard soon, not sure what year yet but i guess it doesnt really matter. The point is that i want to rebuild it with performance mods. If i could please get some advice on what mods will work good i would greatly appreciate it. And if you can give me brand names that would be nice too. I was lookin at cams, and upgrading the fuel system, then the normal boltons (headers, cold air intake, chip, and exhaust). Thanx for the help guys :D

It all depends on what u are going to run. if u are going to run NA then run high cr. with a big cam thats what i did. or if u going to run a turbo, then u have to keep the cr down with a smaller cam, or u could build a M20 stroker. put pm me and i can give u all my specs if thats the way u want to go.

Comment

I would recommend the M20 stroker... Jordan only spent maybe $4k (that is a guess... he said he did it for half of Dave Length who spent about $8500) and has a very nice 170 rwhp... read through his modifications list on this site and see what he used...

M20 stroker forum:

Comment

Working...
      X