another oil pressure switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another oil pressure switch

my light is blinking so comes down to the switch. but here is the problem i have a 323i and the way it hooks up is not the same as the ones that are on the b25 motors that i have sitting here. instead of a plug with the clip it is like this

so not sure but the E should be the same right? if so all i need to do is get one for a E an it should work.

I would get an oil pressure test done first to make sure you are indeed getting the correct pressure. The flickering light at idle is usually a tell tale sign of a worn bottom end.

Comment

its flickering when driving at times an then it wont come on at all. but the switch is cheap enough that i can put it in an if the light still comes on well there is my anwser.

Comment

ya that is the one for the e

Andy

Comment

that's the one for early model (pre-87 IIRC) cars. Later cars had the clip on plastic connector you mention.

I'd also check the wire that connects to that sensor, make sure it's not cracked or rubbing (shorting) against the block or anything else.

Hope it is a problem with the sensor and/or wiring and not low oil pressure.......

;)

Comment

it doesn't really matter, they're all 1-pin on/off switches. you can always add the later style connector if you wish, they both work the same.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

the one that was on the car was a 24mm an the new one was a 22mm. I put it in did oil change(didnt see any thing in the oil) and started it up. car ran fine no light, let it warm up took it up the road an still no light. so all in all it was the switch. if for some reason the motor does go i have 2 full b25 here that i can put in an away we go. thanks all

Comment

Working...
              X