Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    :)

Some tools are easily made like the crank bolt tool I have and fan clutch nut tool, but bought the master VANOS kit. Some special tools are hard to reproduce for the cost, others aren't worth buying when we have fabrication equipment.

I was agreeing with the previous post that a pry bar on the water pump bolts works well if you DON'T have the tool.
    I was replying to the post above mine, suppose I should have quoted it first. :)

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Well, considering the BMW shop I apprenticed in didn't have the special tool for the fan clutch, and they'd been in business since 1990 or so, I found I could make do with either a wrench and BFH or the air chisel trick. I've also seen a wrench attachment for an air chisel that seemed to work on other cars, and had a 32mm piece, which might also work.

Comment

http://www.matcotools.com/catalog/pr...FAN-CLUTCH-SET i got this, but you need an air hammer
        sigpic

Comment

That's the set, but comparing the price of that to this:

This website is for sale! ntxtools.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ntxtools.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

plus this:

I think I'll stick with the wrench and BFH, lol,

Comment

One time I went to my local Harbor Freight in search of a 32mm wrench. Didn't have a 32mm but they did have a 1 1/4 in. which is the same size. It was about 1/8th of an inch too wide so I took it to a bench grinder and POOF it fit. Whacked it with a hammer and off the nut went.
            -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
              One time I went to my local Harbor Freight in search of a 32mm wrench. Didn't have a 32mm but they did have a 1 1/4 in. which is the same size. It was about 1/8th of an inch too wide so I took it to a bench grinder and POOF it fit. Whacked it with a hammer and off the nut went.
              I have been using my full width 1 1/4" wrench on everything from e30 to e46 with no issues.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                I have been using my full width 1 1/4" wrench on everything from e30 to e46 with no issues.
                Yeah I was able to use it on a friend's car, but for whatever reason it was a hair too big to fit my car. No harm done, and now I know it will fit anything :)
                -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                  Yeah I was able to use it on a friend's car, but for whatever reason it was a hair too big to fit my car. No harm done, and now I know it will fit anything :)
                  The wrench is probably older than you, maybe even older than me lol. It was my father-in-law's well before I got married (oldest kid is 13).
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:
                  Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

32mm. 3 bucks at a flea market. I'm so proud of my new tool that I left the price tag on it. Double bonus points because it also works on my M52.
                    Attached Files
                    Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now.

Comment

Working...
                    X