Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullet Ride's 2.8L Stroker Project (Updated: Dyno Plot pg. 6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately I don't have any good video footage of my car yet, but at the last auto-x some random guy recorded my car leaving the start box. At this point I still hadn't dialled in my idle settings so I had some idle surging going on. Above 3000rpm the Bavauto headers start to sing.

There was one other guy who said he got a clip of my car on course which I'm hoping will have a little bit of sideways action lol, I'm just waiting for him to get it off his camera and upload it.

I'm getting my custom 2.5" exhaust done next week with vibrant cat, resonator, and muffler. I'll post up a couple clips when it's done.

Comment

That is a nice build up, great job!

What kind of numbers do you think the motor is putting out now?

Comment

Originally posted by KatFish View Post
        That is a nice build up, great job!

What kind of numbers do you think the motor is putting out now?
        Thanks.
        I'm hoping for somewhere in the range of 170-180whp and tq.
        I'm going to a car show next weekend that is supposed to have a mobile dyno on site. I might try to get a couple pulls in to see where things are at.

Comment

Shot a quick 4th gear pull before my new exhaust.
          Car is being dropped off tonight at the exhaust shop.

Comment

Gee that pulls nicely from 2500 rpm. Is it a 3.73 diff?

Also, what was with the CEL at 5800?
            sigpic
            1988 Lachssilber E30 325i sedan.
            Factory fit-out: manual; SILBER LEDER; M SPORT SUSPENSION.
            Modifications so far: Miller MAF + 19# ECU; Ford 19# Design 3 injectors; IE adjustable FPR; KAMotors CF airbox; IM MTX-L; EBC Greenstuff.

Retired - '83 Arctic Blue E28 528i powered by M30B32

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_325i View Post
              Gee that pulls nicely from 2500 rpm. Is it a 3.73 diff?

Also, what was with the CEL at 5800?
              Yeah 3.73. The CEL is because I was going around a bend and my washer fluid is low so it tripped the low washer fluid light on the check panel. I also don't have any parking brake components installed currently which is why the parking brake light flickers, that switch is pretty sensitive.

Comment

Picked up my car this evening. I'm definitely happy with how the exhaust turned out. The shop I took it to did a really nice job fitting everything together. It's definitely louder now but not too loud when cruising, however if I open it up you can hear me from a mile away lol...

Comment

So on the weekend I was running a solo 1 event on the track and there was an accompanying car show which had a mobile dyno. Between sessions I headed over and put my car on to see what the motor is putting down. Here's the plot showing what it put down. I have the rev limiter in the tuning software set to 6600rpm right now however I haven't actually tested it, when I was on the dyno I was lifting around 6400rpm because I knew my peak power would be before then anyway. The car was getting a bit hot on the 2nd and 3rd runs which is probably why I lost some under the curve.

Edit: x-axis values converted to RPM

Some actual dyno tuning would likely yield some gains and with a bit of work on the intake side of things 200whp seems achievable. Overall though I'm happy with the numbers I put down.
                  Last edited by Bullet Ride; 05-23-2013, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Perfect I want 200hp out of a na m20 and it seems achievable.

Comment

Originally posted by camip View Post
                      Perfect I want 200hp out of a na m20 and it seems achievable.
                      200hp is easy... 200whp takes a bit more work :D

But yeah 200whp seems achievable. I'm still running a stock sized throttle body and I haven't had any porting done to the head. I feel that with a properly ported head and a BBTB or ITB set-up I'd be over 200whp for sure.

If you have a pile of money you can build a 3.1L M20 with 11:1 compression and make 220+whp

Comment

I love everything about this build. So jelly. Congrats!

Comment

Wish I had a pile of money. College and owning a e30 isn't very fun. But I am slowly collecting parts to build a motor similar to yours when I find them cheap.

Comment

Great job! Did you data log the dyno runs? Mind sharing your msq? I'm curious to see your timing map.

Comment

Those are great numbers!
                              Btw, torque and hp should cross at 5252. I hate it when they give the graphs with speed instead of rpm.

J

Comment

yes so 91mph=5252rpm
                                89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
                                X