just bought a 92 325ic... and its overheating out of nowhere.. wtf help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
    Im reading where "it started heating up" but not seeing why you decided that. Bad fun clutch will only matter at idle as has been said.

Did it boil over, did the gauge just go up, did you put an infrared gun to the radiator ?

Unless I missed something, what exactly are the over heating symptoms ?
    yea when i test drove it, it was fine. then it started happening. now when i drive it will just heat up as soon as i start driving. i can only make it to work and back or little drives around town without it overheating.

it didnt boil over but the temp keeps going up and the engine is getting very hot. no i didnt put an infared gun... wish i had one though, it would come in handy.

i turn it over, it drives fine.. then starts getting hot... if im parked it will stay decently cool and take a while to actually get really warm. it just starts heating up... somtimes the check engine light sparks on for a second or 2 then turns off i just want to figure it out:sad:
    Originally Posted by slammin.e28guy
    Girls can be "friends"?

I always thought they were just like my car. I get one I like and hold onto it for a while. Starts breaking and shit....flip it.

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
      Thermostat & water pump?
      im getting to it on sunday... i started going at it at work but i then realized its dumb to just test a thermo and not put a new one in if its bad. i have to order one online because they want 70 at oreileys in town and 78 at napa bunch of crap if you ask me....
      Girls can be "friends"?

I always thought they were just like my car. I get one I like and hold onto it for a while. Starts breaking and shit....flip it.

Comment

Im still not hearing what symptoms make you think its overheating. If its not boiling over how do you know its not just a faulty gauge or temp sending unit?
        Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
        Alice the Time Capsule
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
        87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

OP, start with the basics before throwing parts at the car. When your temp gauge begins climbing over the halfway point is your upper hose hot and your lower hose cold?

Comment

I'll double check that in my way to work. Taylor (e30_fiend) shot me a text last nightbso I'm going to his shop after work to look at his cars and I think he might help me out with mine. My Gaige does randomly jump around butbyes m coolant will start to boil over if I continue to drive and my check engine light will pop on tandomly
            Girls can be "friends"?

Comment

Working...
            X