hesitation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hesitation??

hello i am in need of help with my 87 325e its the 2.7 and it started acting up a few days ago and keeps doing it... ok when i start my car in the morning it runs fine and seems pretty quick all of it power and once the temp gauge moves a little or gets a lil warmer it starts to hesitate when im 75%-!00% throttle doesnt hurt my mpg or driveing ability just get mad cuz it does this also its a noticable power loss no get up like its suppose to it sometimes idles funny and bounces from 600-900 when its warm also .. anyone have any suggestions ?

The first thing that comes to mind are intake leaks. They can only really be found by having a smoke test run.
    Last edited by jlevie; 04-25-2012, 06:09 PM.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

how can i do this? sorry nvr done it befor... well it started doing this after a dry rotted fuel line was leaking and i fixed that but has done it since

Comment

smoke test?

Comment

You need to track down a shop with a smoke machine capable of diagnosing vacuum leaks (even tiny) on your particular vehicle. BMW dealers, in theory, should be your best bet.

Comment

search www.scottykilmer.com for a cheap cigar smoke test if you cannot locate a decent shop.

Comment

i dont have a bmw dealer nearby

Comment

check your cap and rotor...
                sigpic

Comment

Good idea anyone have good idea how to clean a cap n maybe the rotor

Comment

The BEST way is to replace them with new components. You can lightly sand the posts on the cap and edge of the rotor to remove corrosion but isn't a guaranteed fix.

Comment

Thanks guys I'll just replace them and fuel filter and I'm thinking the coolant temp sensor could be the problem could anyone post a pic of what coolant sensor I'd need to change lol

Comment

I wouldn't just start throwing parts at it. Try pulling apart the cap and rotor as mentioned and checking for corrosion. if sanding them down a bit makes a difference then you may be on to something. Otherwise you may just be wasting money and no closer to your goal. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Yea thnx man I guess it's worth a shot

Comment

Working...
                          X