New Behr fan clutch bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Behr fan clutch bad

So I ordered a new fan clutch since mine was on the way out.
    Pelican parts sent me the wrong one so I shipped it back for the correct one. Put it in last night and today noticed that the temp was starting to creep up at the lights. Pulled into a parking lot and reached down and easily stopped the fan with my hand. Has anyone else receive a bad Behr fan clutch or am I just the lucky one?
    I'm fairly positive there isn't a way to mess up installation since I've done it a bunch of times.
    Yup cool story...I know

I'm gonna be needing a new one soon also so I'm curious where I need to go to get one I know will be good out of the box.
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
    -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

I'm pretty sure I am just unlucky...twice.
      Behr and Sachs (should be) both good.

Comment

I just bought a new one thinking mine was bad. Then I realized the fan blade was getting stopped on the coolant hose since the hose retaining clip broke. So I bought a new fan clutch and didnt need it. Oh well.

Comment

Zip ties FTW. They add 2HP each tie used (-:
          I added 6HP last night!

Comment

Originally posted by E30Gus View Post
            I'm pretty sure I am just unlucky...twice.
            Behr and Sachs (should be) both good.
            I have the same thing so I don't it is just your luck. I'll dig up the part number later today.

Comment

They are supposed to be stored upright. I'm not sure if the die on their side or just go in to suspended animation, but thats the story.
              Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
              Alice the Time Capsule
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
              87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

I believe the Behr units come incorrectly labeled for the "This side up" arrows. It says to lay it flat which is completely wrong. They MUST be stored upright as if they were mounted on the car.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I missed the bit about being able to stop the fan with your hand, mine seems to be ok in that regard.It just creeps up towards the 3/4 mark in traffic, but never enough to be a concern. With the old noisy clutch it would sit just below half way and stay there.
                  I didn't store the clutch, I just installed it as son as it arrived.
                  The part number was 11-52-1-723-918-M6

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                    I believe the Behr units come incorrectly labeled for the "This side up" arrows. It says to lay it flat which is completely wrong. They MUST be stored upright as if they were mounted on the car.
                    I was questioning the "this side up" arrow as well. Intuition says to keep the viscous coupling in the same orientation as it is when being used but the box indicated that it should be laying flat.

Comment

Working...
                    X