Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad idle, power chokes out,stalls, no start

i have a 325i.

it has a din an chip and m50 injectors installed, ran fine after installed no problems. running on premium

one day, i went to drive it up the block. and when i got on it, it would choke, backfire, then continue to pull, and some times it would misfire at lower rpms,

the idle is also crazy going up to 2k, then down, however this would eventually go away after warming up.
    sometimes it would begin to idle normal, then it would just stall out after a couple of minutes.

i assumed it had a bad coil, due to the choking out. replaced the coil and it started right up, idle was still a little wacky. then it began to warm up (about 1/4 of the gauge) and the idle settled, then i heard it want to stall out, save its self, then idle, then eventually it just stalled out.

after that i went to start it and now it just cranks.

the car currently is throwing a 1444 code (no errors)

but in the past it has thrown a coolant temp sensor code, and an o2 sensor code. both i know relate to the controlling fuel mixture and what not through the ecu.

throw ideas at me.

PICS OF SAID CAR....

Tuck tire. Poke rim.

has a new cps aswell
    Tuck tire. Poke rim.

Comment

UPDATE,

put the stock chip in to eliminate after market faults. still no start.

pulled injectors and looked at seals re intalled, car still wouldn't start, but would begin to fire.

while it was trying to fire i gave it throttle and if i worked the throttle right it started. idled at about 2k, then eventually got gradually lower. then it would begin to stall out, and id give it some gas to keep it running. if i rev'd it to about 3000rpm it would cut out and bog.
      Tuck tire. Poke rim.

Comment

Sounds like a vaccum problem maybe a cracked cap for the misses at high RPM. May also check the IAC.
        sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
        The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Get your Bentley out and run all the tests in fuel system. I am diagnosing a similar issue and what your car is doing is what happens when I unplug the CTS.

Comment

Smoke test the intake and check rail fuel pressure.
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
            X