No announcement yet.

High idle, lots of diagnosis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does ac signal reach DME? is it a pin on the main connector or?

Comment

The A/C on signal reaches the DME via a connector off the engine harness near the DME connector.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Also, when starting the car stone cold it idles at 750.. thats wrong. lol

When turning the key to run position I have continuity between the 2 pins on the coolant temp sensor harness. Coolant temp sensor tested good.

what is complete list of vac leak locations?

Comment

Why would car idle at 750 stone cold??

I have m50 injectors with rebuild kits, none leak.

Comment

Any pics of ac connector so I can unplug it?

Comment

My car also idles around 750 when its cold... then goes up to 1k when its warmed up... in for answers..

Comment

Reset dme. Idled wayyyy too high (1500) but after stopping car and restarting it I'm back to normal now though

Comment

What are other possibilities besides vacleaks???

Id be down to check for vac leaks by spraying with brake cleaner, etc. need a list of all the places though

ALSO: After reading the bentley.. I believe my coolant temp sensor is still at fault. I hard wired the connections, but I need to double check they work.

THUS, how do I know it works? Just continuity test between the two terminals of the coolant temp sensor connector. I have continuity there
                  Last edited by 5Toes; 08-04-2012, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X