173 ecu, unlike any Ive seen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

173 ecu, unlike any Ive seen.

OK I recently got a 173 ecu off another member here for my budget stroker build. Turns out I already had a 173 ecu but thats beside the point. I was told that it was painted but was in fact a 173. So after recieving it I thought nothing of it until my buddy kamotors pointed out how different they were. I have a bunch of pictures of them below...
    Thing is when I opened up the black 173 ecu to put in a miller chip I found a dinan chip but when I opened it at first its small metal hinges seemed to have been never pried on or the ecu ever opened. Paint on the black ecu also seems to be of quality but is chipping. Doesnt seem like some bored 12yr did it. Does anyone have any idea if a dealer did this or what the heck this is? IM questioning whether this dinan chip is actually real.

Hmm programma did it....duh. they reman electronics for cars.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
      Hmm programma did it....duh. they reman electronics for cars.

Yes, just found this out through further research. The chip is probably an ebay special

Comment

It's really easy to get the top off without leaving marks. All it takes is some string and a bottle opener, if someone were so inclined (Which is extremely rare, people usually get pissed/antsy/impatient trying to dig in and put in their performance chip). This is a company that rebuilds ECU's for a living, so they probably have it down pat as how to not leave a single nick.

As for the Dinan chip. Maybe, Maybe not. But it looks legit to me. Rounded left side corners, sharp right corners, multicolored dots through the middle. All easily replicated, but almost always overlooked.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
        X