Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refreshed m20 2.7i stroker crank but no start HELP no fuel past FPR

So hers where I'm going to start so I rebuilt my m20 dropped it in
    And as I was going to do a test fire I realized I wasn't getting any feul pressure so first thing I did is I went through all the fuses all the fuses were fine
    Soo then I went to checking to fuel pump relay checked the relay it was fine , so then I went to the back seat and put a test light on the feul pump harness and I wasn't getting any power so then I went back to the relays ( took the covers of the relays to see if they were engageing they were so I told my uncle to put the caps back on the relays so then I decided I'd run down the fuse box with the test light to find out I had a blown fuse on #11 do I switch it out then I go ba k to the fuel pump harness to find out I'm now getting power (hmmm so then I touch the fuel pump relay and relize it was warm didn't think to much of it I went to try and crank it , then all of a sudden fuse #11 melts And I run disconnect the battery so then my uncle relizes he put the cap on back words on the feul pump relay causing the contact point to be connecting sending a constant power to my feul pump
    So I took the feul pump out and the wires and the whole pump was just fucked so then I go back to the fuse that melted and ran a test light on it
    It lit up , meaning the terminal was still working after cleaning up the plastic melty debris I slap a fuse in there and after I did that I had power to the feul pump harness so then I put a new feul pump on and I was getting power to the feul pump and feul pressure no blockages nothing like that
    So then I went to check if I was getting spark , was getting spark ,have a new maf ,
    So I know all this is going on fuel pressure ,spark ,cps and new maf
    So now all it comes down to was the injectors so then after thinking if I was getting ground to the injectors I called my friend asking where the fuel inject ground was he says its in the fuse box I run it down again and find out melty terminal fuse #11 isn't lighting up
    Pull fuse (not broken ???? ) I go back to the feul pump harness and all if a sudden no power so then I try cleaning the terminals and still absolutely no power from fuse 11 I take every fuse out and crack open the fuse box to make sure I had no melted wires / there was none
    So no I'm stumped on what to check next
    I also got the car to start with starting fluid do I'm figuring it's not the ecu
    So I haven't had a chance to check the one last thing it could be wich is the fuseable link
    But I was reading that there won't be any power to the ecu ir any spark if the fuseable link is bad I don't know if this is true but I basically have no idea where to start now
    Soo Anything can help me
    Let me know what I should do
    Last edited by e30m20TurbO7; 09-09-2012, 10:35 PM.

Anyone please
    Pm me or call me if your willing to help me
    My number is 408-387-0948 text me if u don't answer so i know To call back
    Please I neeeeeeeed help desperately
    Not a electrician

Comment

I ment afm it's 530 am what can I say
      I know the pump it self works fine
      My injectors aren't firing , but I'm also not getting consistent power
      To the fuel pump because my melty fuse isn't either
      Here's a pic of
      The thrashed old pump

And here's the New / used pump

Originally posted by travish325
      what engine management? You said you had a new maf? I assume you mean you have war chip, or that you meant afm.

First I would straight jumper out the fuel pump. groud it and run a 12 source right to it. Sounds like something is still sketchy back there on the pump.

Comment

You don't say what car this is, but the reference to 2.7i suggest that it might be an ETA, in which case the car would normally have two fuel pumps. You've replaced the in-tank pump, but the external high pressure pump could be bad.

The fuel pump only draws a few amps, so if the pump is good and there is not a partial short in the wiring from the fuse to the pump there should be no heating/melting of the fuse. Remove the fuse and place a male spade connector on each leg of the socket. The connect an auto ranging DMM set to read current across the connectors and see what the current draw is when cranking or when the fuel pump relay is jumpered. Disconnect each pump and measure it's current when powered directly from the battery. Comparing those numbers will tell if there is a problem with either pump or the wiring.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Fuel injector plug is plugged in
          Im about to leave tO my house to go try some other things
          I just don't see why my My fuse terminal has no power
          It's fuse #11
          Injection electronics

Originally posted by travish325
          Swap out your relays, or jumper the contacts. Is the fuel injector connector plugged in under the intake?

Comment

Is it possible that's it's the dme
            I'm not getting any power to fuse terminal number 11 anyone have any advice
            Basically anything is going to help

Comment

I need to know why Im not getting any power to fuse #11
              Any ideas ???

Comment

Wiring diagram says that it's powered straight off of the battery junction block, so I'd check for power there. Should be a 1.5 red wire. If you have power there, then check at pin 13 of C101. If you don't have power at pin 13, then check for power and ground on the control side of the fuel pump relay. If you have power and ground there, then replace the relay with a known good one. If you don't have power, then find out why the main relay isn't operating.

Comment

Would be nice if we knew what m20 it was ( year wise )

Comment

replaced the main relay and jumped the fuel pump relay i know have power

Originally posted by UserError View Post
                    Wiring diagram says that it's powered straight off of the battery junction block, so I'd check for power there. Should be a 1.5 red wire. If you have power there, then check at pin 13 of C101. If you don't have power at pin 13, then check for power and ground on the control side of the fuel pump relay. If you have power and ground there, then replace the relay with a known good one. If you don't have power, then find out why the main relay isn't operating.

its a 1984 eta block with a 1989 325i top end

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                    Would be nice if we knew what m20 it was ( year wise )
                    im not getting any fuel past the FPR (feul pressure regulator)
                    any idea of why this might be , it is made in America so its not original
                    i dont know how to test it ifs good the reason why i know there isn't any fuel going through it is because a hose popped by the fuel filter
                    i checked for blockages as far as i know theres non
                    any way a FPR could just become frozen or blocked from flowing

Comment

She runs
                      i feeel like an idiot
                      had the hoses crossed

Comment

Working...
                      X