head to tdc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head to tdc?

Can any one tell me how to reset my engine timing. I fucked the timing and head gasket when my rocker arms broke and I need to know how to get the timing back when I replace the head gasket. Thanks in advance
    1986 325es

Must see, two thumbs up:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCMSF2wQLE

cam sprockets may vary...

Comment

Thank you thank you thank you you made my life 100x easier
      1986 325es

Comment

timing marks when did my super eta stroker same as video .Old school way is you can pull number one spark plug put penis in the whole with remote crank or a friend have them crank car when the air pushes out or piston hits your dick its top dead center.

One of the most important maintenance tasks for the six-cylinder E30 engines is the replacement of the rubber timing belt. Be sure to read this article!

you need to start learning how to search internet buddy!
        Last edited by carfantiti; 10-04-2012, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by carfantiti View Post
          This is a good effort by pelicanparts, but it doesn't show or say anything about the valve cover blind plugs under the valve cover gasket. These four rubber plugs (two at the front of the head at two at the rear) become hard and brittle and can cause vacuum leaks, as well as small oil leaks on to the timing belt. These things are all too often overlooked! Replace them while doing the belt change.
          -Rod
          Rod's 528e support web site
          A car can be restored many times. It is original only once.

Comment

Originally posted by carfantiti View Post
            timing marks when did my super eta stroker same as video .Old school way is you can pull number one spark plug put penis in the whole with remote crank or a friend have them crank car when the air pushes out or piston hits your dick its top dead center.

One of the most important maintenance tasks for the six-cylinder E30 engines is the replacement of the rubber timing belt. Be sure to read this article!

you need to start learning how to search internet buddy!
            I love my e30 but I don't know if I would stick my Dick in it, especially while a friend is watching....
            Pulling my hair out with all these friggin BMW's:
            2000 M5 Winter beater
            1984 318i Coupe 2.5 S14 going in the car below.
            1988 M3 Lachssilber: I'm the second owner, currently recommissioning.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkson View Post
              I love my e30 but I don't know if I would stick my Dick in it, especially while a friend is watching....
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by clarkson View Post
                Sounds like if no one was watching you might just go for it
                Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                Alice the Time Capsule
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Bump for I hope I didn't fuck my engine

So I took my head off to do the gasket, and I was cleaning the carbon off the pistons and turned the crank over a few times to access each piston.

So when I put my head back on all I have to do is set both head and block to top dead center right?

I'm asking because someone told me that now I cranked the block over a few time I need to re adjust all my valves and set my timing to the distributer and all this shit.

I thought you just set both to tdc, tighten bolts, and put on timing belt? Right?
                  M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Turn the engine until the mark on the crank hub lines up with the notch in the lower timing cover. Next turn the cam until the cam sprocket mark is lined up with the mark on the head. Then put head on the engine and install the timing belt. Then engine/head is now in time.

When installing the head, make sure that both dowel pins are in place.
                    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Any of you remember chemistry lab?

Comment

Working...
                      X