Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rebuilt Throttle Bodies - Who does them these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilt Throttle Bodies - Who does them these days?

So I'm making incremental progress on getting my car fixed (spun rod bearing - I'm swapping in a lower-mileage stock M20B25 with refreshed bits). I've searched for some vendors online for a rebuilt t-body but I've had no success. I can recall a time where places like Ireland Engineering or Turner offered these....but neither have them listed on their websites. So who offers this service and what can I expect to pay?

During today's work I made a discovery which some may not be aware of. My car is a 1991 325i 5-speed and the t-body has 1 vacuum port casing drilled for vacuum function. The specific port is located near the mounting flange where it bolts to the intake manifold. When I removed the t-body from the '89 motor, I noticed it has 2 vacuum lines I've posted a couple of photos to illustrate my point.

The upper photo is of the '91 t-body and the lower one is of the '89 t-body. Note that just the lower port casing has been drilled in the upper photo while in the lower photo there's 2 vacuum lines (both ports drilled).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2074.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	7229667
    Attached Files
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Two configurations of the vacuum supply to the brake booster were used, one with a single hose and an earlier variant with two hoses. Either can be used
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Stopped offering the rebuilds just because of a lack of time.

You might want to try Riot Racing (818 268-9567). They offer the big-bore throttle bodies, so they can probably knock out a straight rebuild.
      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Hit Levent up at GPS... I recently copped a rebuilt tb from him. Completely refreshed and no more pesky vaccuum leak for me!

Comment

Working...
        X