M20 Camshaft Removal Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 Camshaft Removal Help

Hey im new to this forum and im in desperate need of some help. I got a really good deal on a brand new 272 degree camshaft for my bmw. I took it to my local bimmer shop and they quoted me at $1500 with new gaskets included. I was absolutely shocked at the price and being only 17 years old i dont have that kind of money. Ive decided i am going to challenge myself and do the job myself.So im asking this: has anyone done a cam removal themselves or are there any guides that show how to do so? ANY and all information on this topic would be HUGELY appreciated.
    Thank you
    Glenn

Changing a cam isn't all that difficult, but the head needs to come of to do it.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I know you have to take off the head but is there any sort of guide book or directions in removing the head and getting the camshaft out?

Comment

It's called a Bentley manual. Buy one. It will tell you how to fix anything and everything on your e30.

Comment

Including camshaft removal?

Comment

When I say everything, I literally mean EVERYTHING. Here is what you want:

The books are created by literally dissembling an entire car and documenting it, along with information from the factory repair manuals and such.

Comment

Wow this will be great. Thank you!

Comment

check this out, its really easy with some patience.

Once you reinstall the cam just slide on the rocker shafts and reinstall the rockers. You need the head off the car so I would argue the head removal is more intensive than the cam install.
                318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

/\ beat me to it!
                  E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Working...
                  X