bad water pump ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad water pump ?

i put fluid but no flow runing though the motor what can cause this ? in need of help someone plz help !!!

We need more information than this to help you out...describe the situation a bit more please.

Comment

With the vague information given, Im guessing that your thermostat is stuck closed. Replace it and you should be good to go.

Taylor
      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

i put water instead of anti fluid and over night it turned to ice so i did my best geting all the the ice out of the hoses i went to bmw got the anti fluid mixed it with water and put it in to the engine it went down the res tank all hoses are warm except the lower radiator hoes im not sure if its a thermostat or water pump
        Last edited by e30wavee; 01-24-2013, 03:55 PM.

Comment

thermostat.
          harry/harout

Comment

Thermostat could be frozen shut. Water pumps don't fail by not pumping water - their bearing and/or seal fails and then leaks around the shaft.

Comment

i was thinking maybe the water pump froze so when i turned the car on the bearing got shot

Comment

Working...
              X