Coolant leak coming from intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant leak coming from intake manifold

I noticed my car was leaking quite a bit of coolant today, looked under the hood and it appears to be coming from either a hose, or a gasket in the part that the hose attaches to, on the intake manifold.

I'd like to replace both the gasket and the hose, as I'm not sure which is the problem, and if I'm going to drain my coolant I think I may as well do both of them. So I just need some help identifying the part numbers that I'll need. I have a video that I'll post too in case that helps at all, but I'm pretty sure it is either the hose or the gasket.

The hose I circled in the 2nd photo is directly under the piece with the arrows pointing to it in the 1st photo.

I'll edit the post w/ the video when it's done uploading.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by willfill; 02-08-2013, 06:08 PM.

here you go man

Gasket PN : BMW-13541285471

Thermostat Housing To Throttle Housing Coolant Hose
    production date through 8/1987 : Uro-13541705568
    production date from 9/1987 : Uro-13541719966
    Driving:1990 325iS, 2007 335i :devil:
    past BMWs: 1987 325iS turbo, 1989 325i, 1995 525i, 2000 328CI, 2001 540i, 2008 135i

Comment

Thanks a lot man!

Comment

You should really check the pressed in vacuum fittings on the opposite side of the Throttle Body. They tend to get loose and cause drivability problems from the air leak. My adivce to you is to take the TB off and thoroughly clean everything and remove corrosion with scotchbrite. Reinstall the air fittings with JB weld and let it cure inside over night (especially in Canada).

Having the TB off also allows you to replace that gasket and makes the whole job easier since you dont have to bend over the car while you get everything meticulously clean. :p
        --Will

Comment

Originally posted by CarsSuck View Post
          You should really check the pressed in vacuum fittings on the opposite side of the Throttle Body. They tend to get loose and cause drivability problems from the air leak. My adivce to you is to take the TB off and thoroughly clean everything and remove corrosion with scotchbrite. Reinstall the air fittings with JB weld and let it cure inside over night (especially in Canada).

Having the TB off also allows you to replace that gasket and makes the whole job easier since you dont have to bend over the car while you get everything meticulously clean. :p
          This 100% ^...and I would just add that removing the TB allows you to add the drain hole in centre of the TPS cover so oil doesn't accumulate in there and foul the switch.
          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
          Alice the Time Capsule
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Yup^^^^ mine was leakin into tb via that tube. Opted to bypass that Sucka. No more rough starts.
            Now with 2.7i power!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CarsSuck View Post
              Correct. But epoxy the fittings back in with the throttle body installed and hoses connected so the angle of the nipple will be correct.
              The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
              Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
              X