Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what size AN fitting oilcooler lines are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what size AN fitting oilcooler lines are?

My stock ones leaking so I'm just going to replace it with an after market one since i will be boosting the car. So does anyone know what the AN size is that screws into the side of the block?

I dont think it would be an AN style fitting in the block, it should be some sort of metric size fitting
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

You're going to need to make adapters. The block (and cooler) is not threaded for AN.
      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

well its not technically the block.

Its number three where the oil filter screws onto.

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
          You're going to need to make adapters. The block (and cooler) is not threaded for AN.
          Do you know who sells adapters?

Comment

they are metric 22. you need 22mm to x size where x is the an fitting of your choice. I have a pair of -6 and -8's, I can ship from Vancouver, BC, but probably cheaper to find locally at a hose/line company.
            1999 540iA - Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by DTMbimmer07 View Post
              Do you know who sells adapters?
              Top Tip - BMW M20 Oil Cooler plate thread size and adaptors Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds
              ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Thanks! Found them on Summit but there like 20 bucks a piece any other sites you guys know of that might have them for cheaper?

*Never mind found them on Summit for like 9 bucks each.*
                Last edited by DTMbimmer07; 02-15-2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

uhm.... howabout a used M20 factory oil cooler? Not something I'd cheap out on.
                  ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Rather get a after market oil cooler so i can move it to up behind the kidney grills, so i can mount my intercooler down by where the stock oil cooler sits.

Comment

To accommodate an AN fitting oil cooler on my Spec E30 I had a hose shop make up hoses that had the OE 22mm fittings for the oil filter adapter on one end and AN fittings on the other.
                      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Maximize your engine's cooling with Mishimoto's Oil Cooler Kits. Choose from our selection of efficient and durable engine oil coolers. Shop now!

That's the oil cooler I'm looking into getting.

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
                          To accommodate an AN fitting oil cooler on my Spec E30 I had a hose shop make up hoses that had the OE 22mm fittings for the oil filter adapter on one end and AN fittings on the other.
                          Hey Levie

Do you think these would work?

Free Shipping - Fragola Performance Systems AN to Metric Adapter Fittings with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Fittings and Adapters at Summit Racing.

Comment

I can't tell. There is no picture so I can't see how those seal. The OE parts use an o-ring at the ring flare and 22mm gland nuts.
                            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Couldn't I get a crush washer type think for it?

This is the Russel version of it but i looked up the Fragola one and its the same design
                              Free Shipping - Russell AN to Metric Adapter Fittings with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Fittings and Adapters at Summit Racing.

Comment

Working...
                              X