No announcement yet.

could someone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, if both lobes are pointed down. Two lobes per cylinder, one intake one exhaust. Firing order 153624

Comment

Take your time and dont rush, or youll have to do it again like me! dont psych yourself out, it really is super simple

Comment

yea it seems easy but tedious at the same time..im gonna attempt it tomorrow i may txt or call you if i run into something but i think ill be able to handle it..and does it matter in what order i do them in as long as the lobe is pointing down for that rocker?like can i start at 1 and work my way across?
        sigpic
        93 325i 120k
        mods: straight pipe,eibach sport springs,style 54s,kamotors carbonfiber cai,
        future mods: chip, m3 cams, headers, turbo

Comment

Old video I made while I was rebuilding my engine. I couldn't find one online when I needed to learn it and the instructions are very simple to the point whe...

Comment

you can work across but its easier to do it in firing order, just keep track of which ones your do, and if your gonna call, text instead, i got midterms tom.

Comment

oh ok so the lobes are actually not facing the same way there a little off..well either way i get the idea that the lobe for w.e rocker im doing needs to be facing down..im actually about to walk out side and start this wish me luck
              sigpic
              93 325i 120k

Comment

is the crank bolt the one that the fan is attached 2?
                sigpic
                93 325i 120k

Comment

Originally posted by e30construction View Post
                  No. Look just below that, it's the one with the bottom most pulleys.
                  -------------------------------------------------
                  1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
                  2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

Originally posted by e30construction View Post
                    lol no offense but i dont think you should be doing your valve adjustments if you're asking "which one is the crank the pulley?" just my

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                      lol no offense but i dont think you should be doing your valve adjustments if you're asking "which one is the crank the pulley?" just my
                      I came from a family that knew jack shit about cars. I had no friends that were into cars growing up. Everything I've learned about cars is because I've asked someone first. The result is that I have a very detailed knowledge in some areas, and complete voids in others. Cut the OP some slack. Just because he doesn't know which one the crank pulley is doesn't mean he isn't perfectly capable of doing something like this himself.

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

^ This. We all start from somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                          ^ This. We all start from somewhere.
                          Yep, some of us started from buying a Bentley and/or searching and reading up first, THEN asking questions.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Ahh, but the new generation prefers asking over reading or searching. It is sad, but true.

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                              Ahh, but the new generation prefers asking over reading or searching. It is sad, but true.
                              I'm not sure why. It's only in that last couple generations that "reading" was a viable alternative to asking, and only in the current generation that "searching" was an option at all, viable or not.

Asking another human being to share their knowledge seems like the most basic, respectful, and accurate way of acquiring knowledge assuming the person being asked has the knowledge you seek. The only thing it costs is time on the part of the person answering, which we all value, but it is stupidly simple for those with the knowledge to move along. If you do not care to impart your knowledge, move along. If you do not have the knowledge, then kindly stfu :)

sigpic

Comment

Nothing wrong with asking first, but the prefer method is to search for your answers either through reading the Bentley Manual or through the internet. If you cannot find the answers you seek or if you are not sure of the answers then by all means ask for help. The answers to many of the questions posted here can be found in the Bentley manual and that is why it is annoying for many users with knowledge (obtained by reading the Bentley in the first place) to respond. It is human nature...some are more forgiving than others.

Comment

Working...
                                X