timing belt off 1 tooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

timing belt off 1 tooth

guys, got the belt on and the cam sprocket is off 1 tooth. how do i correct this? can i slide the belt off the cam sprocket and turn the gear 1 tooth and put the blt back on? or what is the proper way? grrrr, everything went smooth till this.
    sigpic

Reset the crank to the timing mark, take the belt off, put the cam on the timing mark, put belt on. Make sure it's tight through the whole right side before you put the tensioner on.
    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
      Reset the crank to the timing mark, take the belt off, put the cam on the timing mark, put belt on. Make sure it's tight through the whole right side before you put the tensioner on.
      thanks dude, thats what i thought but wanted to check.
      sigpic

Comment

I back the crank up just a tiny bit when putting the belt on, this way when you start to rotate the crank, the slack will be taken up.

ALWAYS rotate the engine at least two times after to make sure the marks keep lining up.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

goter done. everything buttoned back up. now in need to repair my oil drain plug whole before fireing her back up. useing the time sert drain plug repair kit. updates to follow.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X