Possible Blown Head gasket? Video Inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Blown Head gasket? Video Inside

So I got my car almost back together. Anyways before I did all the hoses I thought I would run the car and check all the belts that I had just installed. So car fires up and one belt flings off. Turn car off and reset it. Maybe ran for 5-10 seconds. So fire the car back up and its running good. However it starts smoking 10 seconds in. There is next to no coolant in the car right now. Maybe just some in the block. Feels kinda pressurized and on a beat like then engine. Going to get a compression tester from a body and run threw all cylinders. However watching this video would you be worried?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    1987 325is- $700 project car
    1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula - Bolt ons,cam, 6 speed of fun.
    2001 Miata - Current DD and to be for sale soon.
    The Build- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=281011
    Parts Car Part Out Left Overs- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...21#post3860521

I haven't watched the video as I'm at work but if it started smoking after 10 seconds I wouldn't think the car is overheating as it takes longer than that to warm up, but stuff spilled in places it should t be could be burning off, what exactly were you doing to your car that you had the hoses off and no coolant in?
    Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
    Bimmerbuddies LLC
    717-388-1256
    2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
    bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by 96Formula6spd View Post
      So I got my car almost back together. Anyways before I did all the hoses I thought I would run the car and check all the belts that I had just installed. So car fires up and one belt flings off. Turn car off and reset it. Maybe ran for 5-10 seconds. So fire the car back up and its running good. However it starts smoking 10 seconds in. There is next to no coolant in the car right now. Maybe just some in the block. Feels kinda pressurized and on a beat like then engine. Going to get a compression tester from a body and run threw all cylinders. However watching this video would you be worried?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gZoN...Gt8rkQ&index=1

There is definitely not enough information about the history of your motor for us to tell if you have a bad HG. The video is next to useless too. is your oil and coolant mixing? Did you put the correct amount of coolant in? Did you properly bleed the cooling system? What makes you think you have a bad HG? Did you replace the HG?

Too many questions.
      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Ahh...no coolant in the engine and you are wondering about the smoke coming out of the t-stat housing. That did not look like smoke at all, but misted coolant. Put everything back together then properly bleed the system. If you get air introduced into the coolant system then you should be worried. It is too early to tell right now. And, yes, too many unanswered questions.

Comment

Working...
        X