Injector squealing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injector squealing??

a week or so ago when i started my car it sounded like a belt was squealing but would go away after 30seconds or so of driving.... only happens on a cold start...... i figured not a big deal... just buy a new belt and be done. but i checked yesterday to see which belt it was and it sounded like it was coming from the top engine..... i got out my listening device and found out it was coming from one of my injectors. WTF?? i have never heard of this

also about the same time my mpg dropped about 4-5mpg but i can find no evidence of the car running rich( no black smoke and i checked all my sparkplugs)

should i just chalk it up to old injectors and replace them with a cleaned set?
    or could i find out if it just one and replace that one?

Wacko.

If you have C191 under the intake manifold, I'd look at that first...

There's not much in the injector itself that can squeal, short of maybe a loose connection.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Unplug the electrical connector from the injector and start your car when cold. If it still does it then it's not the inejctor.

If you have a belt squeeling you should be able to tell by looking at the belt itself.
      90 325i DD/Track
      03 Durango 5.9

Originally posted by e30mpg
      It is recommended to get new gasket but this is R3v and we just copper spray that shit......slap biotch on and tighten to tq.

Comment

Working...
      X