anyone know what wire this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know what wire this is?

anyone know what this wire is or does and goes to?
    its a red/brown wire that comes off the dme wire harness from a 1987 325is. i dont know where its supposed to go in my 86 325es.

Untitled by clean3two3, on Flickr

Untitled by clean3two3, on Flickr
    anyone? t.i.a!

also i just got my car started after a long sit from being rebuilt. my car turns on but wont rev past 2k and seems like it wants to die but idles under 1k and also the idle fluctuates. i cleaned the icv and the afm with carb cleaner and it still does the same thing. any suggestions?

-__-

Comment

Bump

Comment

Download the etm for your car, this will tell you everything you need.

- Josh
        1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
        Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Did you do a "budget stroker" conversion or replace the M20B27 with an M20B25? And in either case did you change the AFM?

I don't remember what that wire is for, but if doesn't have anything to do with the current problem.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Does it not go into that 2-pin connecter that the other wire, that comes out next to it goes? Where your index finger appears to be resting in the first pic?
            Last edited by Ether-D; 07-19-2013, 10:24 AM. Reason: clarify
            Originally posted by Andy.B
            Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
            1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
            ~~~~~~~~~~
            I was born on 3/25…
            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I did this recently . 87is harness in 87es car.
              There's the Blue/red one in your pictue as well as the Red/brown your asking about.
              One of them goes to the violet wires from the car side its the one that raises idle when A/C is on.
              The other I believe is only used on automatic cars. It doesn't get plugged into anything on a 5spd.

The car will run fine with them unplugged and is not contributing to any issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
                Download the etm for your car, this will tell you everything you need.

http://wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm
                Thanks ill download it when I get home.
                Originally posted by jlevie View Post
                Did you do a "budget stroker" conversion or replace the M20B27 with an M20B25? And in either case did you change the AFM?

I don't remember what that wire is for, but if doesn't have anything to do with the current problem.
                I just swapped a m20b25 in. I have a 325i afm with m50 injectors and a 173dme.
                Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                Does it not go into that 2-pin connecter that the other wire, that comes out next to it goes? Where your index finger appears to be resting in the first pic?
                No the pin has one little nipple and the other side is blank with no hole.

Originally posted by Vin-barrett View Post
                I did this recently . 87is harness in 87es car.
                There's the Blue/red one in your pictue as well as the Red/brown your asking about.
                One of them goes to the violet wires from the car side its the one that raises idle when A/C is on.
                The other I believe is only used on automatic cars. It doesn't get plugged into anything on a 5spd.

The car will run fine with them unplugged and is not contributing to any issue.
                If that's so ill leave it as is and just cap it off.
                Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Working...
                X