No announcement yet.

M20 Gates Racing Belt Coming Soon.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So according to another Gates Rep I just spoke with there was apparently a slight delay with production so they wont be ready for another 2 to 3 weeks.

Also to those on this board that wish to carry the Gates: T131RB in your product lineup I would contact the Gates Sales/Marketing division. And the reason I say this is that although I had originally sent them a list of companies that dealt mainly with Euro and BMW parts. I'm not quite sure if the list ever made it to their sale/marketing team, plus the Belts will be made available probably first on there preferred suppliers list off the Gates Website.

Get speed, power, and performance from your racing vehicles with OE quality and OE exact parts and components, engineered for every vehicle, only from Gates.

Jared

Comment

Definately up for this belt!
      Even though I think the tensioner is a much bigger problem than the belt itself.
      I have wrecked two OE BMW tensioners. The last one I have welded so it will hopefully hold up. Seems like the BMW tensioner uses the same design as aftermarket ones now, they crack!
      So if Gates makes tensioners, make a reinforced one to fit the racing belts!

Comment

you're putting too much tension on the belt if your breaking tensioners.

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
        HSAX Instructor

Comment

Only self tensioning with the spring, not too much then I suppose ;)
          Probably more to do with the valve spring rate..

Comment

:popcorn:
            My Feedback Thread

Comment

block is coming back from the machine shop tomorrow or next saturday.

any updates on the belts?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by doktor_b View Post
                block is coming back from the machine shop tomorrow or next saturday.

any updates on the belts?
                Should be in inventory according to the last message I had from the Gates Rep.

This was dated Dec 4th, 2013

"Hi Jared:

Thank you for contacting Gates.

Mr. Hebert is no longer with Gates and I am handling his responsibilities for now. The T131RB belt you are asking about should be available in the next 3 weeks. We had an issue in production and were not able to put them to stock, but they should be produced in the next week and in our distribution center in the next 2-3 weeks.

Hopefully that helps you.

Thank you for your support on Gates products.

Regards,
                Tom"

Then I followed up with the question of where to be able to purchase these:

"Hi Jared:

You can purchase it at one of the distributors on GateRacing,com or special order it from other Gates distributors. For example, O’Reilly auto parts is a Gates distributor. They can get the part for you but you may need to push them to look for it. Any parts store that carries Gates can get it but they may not know that because it’s a special order item.

Hope that helps.

Tom"

So I got in touch with one company www.rockauto.com on Dec 24th, 2013

And their response was this:

"Hello,

Thank you for the email. If Gates has not yet released it then we would not have the part as of yet but it is likely we would if they are going to start distributing it soon. I see your correspondence with them was November 25th and I do see we have catalog data for the part T131RB but no inventory for sale yet. As soon as we are able to have inventory and sell the part, we will list it on our website. For your convenience, I have set you up for an Availability Alert so as soon as it is in stock we will email you so you can come onto our website and order the part.

Thank you,

Mike M.
                RockAuto Customer Service"

^

So to those companies following this thread on here (There were a couple) I would keep checking in with GATES for when inventory is available of this belt that way you can carry it in your product lineup.

Jared

Comment

Already listed on O’Reilly auto parts site but not showing as available or a price yet
                  My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
                  4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

I just received an email from my friend over at FCP Euro yesterday (1-2-14) saying they will have the belts in stock in 3 (bus.) days and they are priced at $39.95 being available to ship by Tues. (1-7-14) weather permitting. Info is available on the FCP website.

Comment

Well that's not $100 at all! All that arguing for nothing...
                      Originally posted by Andy.B
                      Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                      1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                      ~~~~~~~~~~
                      I was born on 3/25…
                      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by shadowracer View Post
                        I just received an email from my friend over at FCP Euro yesterday (1-2-14) saying they will have the belts in stock in 3 (bus.) days and they are priced at $39.95 being available to ship by Tues. (1-7-14) weather permitting. Info is available on the FCP website.
                        This is Excellent News!

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                        Well that's not $100 at all! All that arguing for nothing...
                        No one ever really speculated a $100 Belt. Although I beleive I merely made a comparison that a racing belt for say an Audi/VW (Which are much larger than little M20 Tbelt in size probably could fit about 2 m20 belts length wise per say an Audi a6 2.8, 3.0 4.2 or a8 4.2 Tbelt) and they can be had in the $100 mark

I'm still waiting for rockauto confirmation of inventory

Jared

Comment

I did! It would still have been a good deal.
                          Originally posted by Andy.B
                          Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                          1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                          ~~~~~~~~~~
                          I was born on 3/25…
                          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

just ordered one from FCP Euro.
                            waiting on intermediate shaft bearings to come in so i can get the engine back together.
                            should be on the road in another month or so.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by doktor_b View Post
                              just ordered one from FCP Euro.
                              waiting on intermediate shaft bearings to come in so i can get the engine back together.
                              should be on the road in another month or so.
                              Yeah apparently the belts so far are made to Order (2 to 3 weeks) well that info was from FCP Euro. Not sure if thats what GATES intends to do with these belts or not or if companies are just testing the waters with these belts for the time being...

Jared

Comment

I want one!

Comment

Working...
                                X