Interesting read for those considering M20 stroker options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who is spending $6000 on an M20?

of course an M50 conversion has more potential. but it's not so simple for my particular car.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

[quote=madjurgen]
      probably come out to around 6k$ but give me a decent rod ratio of 1.62 and cut down internal rotating mass by about 25%. In my head this makes for a very revvable 3L engine.quote]

Thats what he is talking about right? Spending 6K on a M20 or am I not reading it right. How does a M50 conversion cost? I am not trying to be an ass just trying to find out what I will do eventually.

Damn quote didn't work, it's on the first page.

Comment

I'm not sure where he's getting that high of a cost from. I don't think mine will cost more than $2k (half that is the forged pistons), but I've already done the headwork.

P.S. if you want to look into M50 swaps, we have another forum for that.. :)
        Last edited by nando; 02-24-2006, 07:14 PM.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

sorry i wasnt clear, 6k was for all upgrades to the car, only about 3k for the engine with some high-priced stuff

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
          You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Working...
          X