HELP! Won't start after injector install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Won't start after injector install

Swapped out to 17# injectors and it won't start! Everything is plugged in and tight. Fuel lines are in and tight. Injector harness is plugged in and is clean, no corrosion.

Ran before I started and it cranks really strong but nothing. I have spark and fuel. I understand I just let all the pressure out of the fuel system when I swapped injectors but I have been attempting to start and cranking for a while and nothing.

I can get it to fire with starting fluid but I am not a fan of that because no one wants an ether baby engine.

How long should it take to start back up? Any suggestions. I did find a few other posts but most if them didn't follow up after the problem was fixed.
    Last edited by trcooperone; 11-01-2013, 03:04 PM.

Anyone, I am in desperate need if some help! I need my car back!

I just went though everything again. Lots of fuel pressure, not leaking from any injectors, checked all electrical connections including the main injector harness connection.

Any suggestions? Cranks but will not run.

Comment

Update: 45psi at fuel rail and injectors are receiving a signal (check with noid light).

I am going to ohms test the injectors next. They are rebuilt and flow tested so I would think they are the problem but maybe.

ANYBODY?! HELP!!

Comment

I refreshed the stock injectors and put them back in this morning and the car fired right up! I am happy it's running but bummed the 17# injector didn't work.

O well I guess. I wonder what made them go bad?

Comment

strange - were they used, rebuilt, new? if used, they could have all been stuck shut.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

They where rebuilt from a very reputable source here on r3v but they sat for about 6 months before yesterday. Maybe that is why?

How could I check to see if they are stuck or how could I unstick them?

Comment

I bought a set of refurbished stock injectors and had the same problem.

The place I got them from said they seal them with a wax, and they may have used too much. I sent them back and they replaced them with another set and no wax.

Don't know if it was true or not, but the replacement replacement set have been fine for over a year now.

I was going to try putting them in boiling water for a couple hours but didn't need to when they offered another set.

Comment

Does the manifold need to be remove for the injectors swap?
                Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by MoreMayhem View Post
                    Not necessary.
                    Thanks
                    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Working...
                    X