Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this sound like a vacuum leak or fuel issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this sound like a vacuum leak or fuel issue?

First of all I have a 89 325i with an m20. 19#injectors. And I believe it's a mark d chip I'll have to crack open the ecu to check.

When I first step on the gas the car feels like it wants to stall. But if I ease into the gas everything is fine. Seems to get better as the car warms up fully. I can take the car up to 6900rpm and it doesn't skip a beat at the top end. Only when I first step on the gas really fast is when it wants to stall.
    Originally posted by blunttech
    r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

This often is a vacuum leak issue. Ive run 19lbers on stock tune before and it doesnt flood. I have seen a car with to much fuel pressure from a clogged return do that though but it ran rich (blowing raw fuel) at higher rpms even though seemingly revving up good.

Comment

Most likely a small vacuum leak. Have someone smell the exhaust when you step on the gas hard at idle. You can smell unburnt gas if it is due to the injectors.

Comment

It certainly smells like it's running rich. This only happens when I step on the gas at idle. Any other rpm its fine. Ill start looking for a vac leak

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by blunttech
        r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Working...
        X