Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M20 Very little coolant in oil after headgasket replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 Very little coolant in oil after headgasket replacement.

Hey guys I recently rebuilt the head on my m20 and had it resurfaced. I went to change the oil on the car about 500 miles later and it was a little "milky" i guess its not bad but its worrying me. I used a Goetz headgasket and some VR head bolts and i dont know what i should do to solve this problem. Im not sure that when i got the head resurfaced if the person pressure tested it. any help would be appreciated thanks

If everything looks fine I'd just change the oil and see if the problem persists. VR head bolts should be fine.
    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

change the oil and drive it for a bit. if you keep getting milky oil, then you can start worrying about bigger problems. might just be old stuff getting flushed out or something

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
      IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Yea thats what i was thinking maybe it would just flush out but i just checked the oil again this afternoon and its the same (only 200 miles on this new oil). Doesnt seem like my coolant is going down either.

Comment

Working...
        X