No announcement yet.

My turn! My 2.7i Stroker Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sean, check the waterpump. I had a slight coolant leak on my old motor after I did a head rebuild, when I tore it down I noticed that the waterpump was leaking a bit through the gasket (must have messed it up).
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
      sean, check the waterpump. I had a slight coolant leak on my old motor after I did a head rebuild, when I tore it down I noticed that the waterpump was leaking a bit through the gasket (must have messed it up).
      Really? hmm...that would be gay. lol

It's sure looking like it comin from the thermostat housing, but I'll get to the bottom of that today!

Maybe...or tomorrow. lol
      - Sean Hayes

Comment

-Go dyno it PLEASE!!! ;) I want to have something to look forward to!!!
        1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Originally posted by SpecM
          -Go dyno it PLEASE!!! ;) I want to have something to look forward to!!!
          Soon enough, I promise! heh
          - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
            Really? hmm...that would be gay. lol

It's sure looking like it comin from the thermostat housing, but I'll get to the bottom of that today!

Maybe...or tomorrow. lol
            Really? Tstat housing? I had that same problem - turns out it wasn't sitting completely flush because of the intake manifold - it's a tight fit on the head with both on there. Could be your problem - that was mine...

Did you replace the tstat housing to block gasket?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
              Really? Tstat housing? I had that same problem - turns out it wasn't sitting completely flush because of the intake manifold - it's a tight fit on the head with both on there. Could be your problem - that was mine...

Did you replace the tstat housing to block gasket?
              Sure did, got a new one just in case.

Turned out to be the other sender unit in the tstat housing. Tightened them both nice and tight - not a drop anymore!

I cleaned everything up, and it looks tons better now! :)
              - Sean Hayes

Comment

I've rolled over to 640 miles, engine is running great. I'm going to NOT be lazy tomorrow and finally get my powersteering in and run a compression test to see where I'm at. (also check plugs).

Coolant leak has been fixed. I seem to be getting some oil somewhere now though, last I checked. Which sucks major ass. I'll hopefully figure out where that's coming from.

And, finally...to the pictures! It's been a while...BE READY! :D

This is the oil seperator off of the E30 M3. I made my own bracket that mounts on the intake manifold studs. Works great!

Mmmmm...so pretty. :D

Got pulleys? :)

A bit blurry, but you get the idea.

Engine bay before it goes in.

PS all ready to go.

Custom electric fan brackets! Work great! :D

Sitting in front of it's future resting place! :D

Gettin ready to take her off.

Showin her some loving. lol

Getting it ready to go in...slowly but surely!

Can't get them all in now, but will finish later! :D
                - Sean Hayes

Comment

Jesus, Sean, it's a work of art.

When I rebuild my bottom end over the winter I'll be taking the time to do the same - with the rush and the need for the car on the road, I had to make do with dirty, unpainted parts. Since I don't drive it in the winter, it'll be done right. Have to rebuild the bottom end anyways lol.

How you likin' that torque from one end of the tach to the other? :) I love driving along at 80 in 5th on the highway and getting on it - you actually accelerate! :)

Breaks the tires loose all too easily. Such a nice streetable setup. Probably going turbo, can't decide. Now that I've got almost 3k on it, I already find myself wanting just a little more...

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
                    Jesus, Sean, it's a work of art.

When I rebuild my bottom end over the winter I'll be taking the time to do the same - with the rush and the need for the car on the road, I had to make do with dirty, unpainted parts. Since I don't drive it in the winter, it'll be done right. Have to rebuild the bottom end anyways lol.

How you likin' that torque from one end of the tach to the other? :) I love driving along at 80 in 5th on the highway and getting on it - you actually accelerate! :)

Breaks the tires loose all too easily. Such a nice streetable setup. Probably going turbo, can't decide. Now that I've got almost 3k on it, I already find myself wanting just a little more...
                    I know! lol It almost looked better sitting on the engine stand than it does in the car! :D

I really wish I coulda done more to the engine, but the torque is kickass. I can chirp easily into 2nd, and haven't chirped into third yet...but my tires seem to be gripping really well - or maybe my shifting it too smooth? Ah...who knows.

None the less, the torque is pretty awesome. I'm really diggin it.

It's awesome around town and even sweeter in the mountains! :D
                    - Sean Hayes

Comment

pure sex

you sound like youve done this whole process before

im getting kinda nervous that i wont be able to piece it back together once i get all apart

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
                      You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

sean, you should have had me build the inside of your motor, and I should have had you do the outside of mine! :D
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

That engine looks awesome.

Nice Z3 rack swappage as well.

Comment

damn, that engine looks brand new....GREAT work!!!!
                            90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

good stuff..I still haven't decide to go 2.7 or run the m20 til it goes out and go s50 ;)
                              -Frank
                              1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
                              1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
                              2001 525i

Comment

I wish I had more money to play with - this woulda been a 3.2 stroker if I had the money!

In the future though!! IN THE FUTURE! :D This 2.7i should hold me over for a while.

The power curve in this motor is tons more fun than the power curve in my dad's 95 M3. Although not as fast, it's more fun. I don't think anyone beleives me when I can come out of a turn in THIRD gear at 2 GRAND and STILL accelerate and have the car pull you back in the seat. Then hit redline at 6 grand and be moving 80! LOL It's pretty damn cool!

Yea, Chris, is really did turn out good. I can't help but gawk at my motor constantly. It really puts a smile on my face. Just wish I had more money to play with so I could have done so much more. But, at least I'll have a good running motor for the next 4-5 years.

madjurgen...I just took everything in steps. The whole process took me about 2 motnhs - with work every day mostly full time and a couple busy weekends. I spent a good 3-4 months researching stuff before ordering parts, so it was definately an involved project. But, shit...it is sooo rewarding to be done!

I LOVE THIS MOTOR!

And so does a buddy of mine - he loves my car period. lol He drives an Acura Integra, and says my car is a whole different animal. He loves oversteer. Can't say that I blame him! ;-)

Ritalin Kid - I'm definately diggin the rack. I should get my power steering finally hooked up tonight - I've already noticed a huge difference in steering ratio. It's pretty damn sweet! :D
                                - Sean Hayes

Comment

Working...
                                X