Best Performance Camshafts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Performance Camshafts??

Looking for more info on a good camshaft for a turbo build. I probably should but I do not want to use a schnick cam. I have had my eyes on the bimmerheads 280/274 regrind shaft. thoughts?

Cams

It's Schick and why would you not want to use one of the worlds most respected manufacturers ? I personally do not like regrinds. I would use Schick or Dblias, both German.

Comment

Locally, Delta Cams will grind something up for you for 1/5th the price of a Schlick. And
      some of their profiles make pretty good power.

But you need to know what you want- they're grinders and cam experts, not engine builders...

I have run a lot of regrinds, and while there ARE compromises with them,
      if you're playing around for fun, there's no real harm in it. I mean, what's a few rockers
      now and then?

But if you only wanna do it once, get a new cam from someone.

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by MRosen21 View Post
        Looking for more info on a good camshaft for a TURBO BUILD.
        This changes things, most cams are not intended for turbo use. I've got a half dozen turbo-specific files depending on what you want out of the car. If you don't want regrinds, it could be done on a euro-made blank. More spendy than a regrind but cheaper than a schrick.
        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Like TobyB said, if you want it to last buy a new one. While on the high end, I went with a Schrick 288 cam and valve springs and don't regret it at all. But then again I didn't build a turbo motor.

From what I understand, you don't want to go with an aggressive cam on a boosted motor. You're going to get top end power from the turbo, so you'll want something good down low and too much cam duration will sacrifice low end torque.
          Last edited by dpmit94; 07-21-2015, 09:47 PM.
          sigpic
          '88 325is. built M20. dd.
          '72 2002 roundie sold

Instagram @doug_mitchell

Comment

Working...
          X