Tune up questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tune up questions

Okay guys. While I'm saving some dough for coilovers, I wanna also start doing some tune up things. O2 sensor, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, fuel filter.
    What's good stuff to use on these cars, besides BMW cause that will drain my account quick, but don't want no cheap autozone stuff either.

And any other maintenance items you would do while doing this other stuff.

Timing belt, water pump and thermo have been changed but thermo housing is leaking. Was done by PO and I need to address it when I do this other stuff. Thanks!
    88 d21 draggin pavement
    89 dirty30 kissin earth

Im just here to learn new things and meet new people.

The thermostat housing can be a bit tricky. Just be careful too slowly step torque each bolt. If you crank one down and then the other the aluminum will flex and will not seal properly.

Also if you haven't heard don't use platinum plugs. This is one case where cheap AutoZone stuff it's just fine.

Might as well clean the ICV while your at it. Easy enough....and cheap :)

Comment

Yeah I have done plenty of thermostats. Nissans are aluminum and bend and crack at the dealer..

Yeah. I need like part numbers or what everyone else is running. So I know I won't be lost looking for good parts.
      Why not run platinums if I may ask?

I cleaned the icv and the maf. Seems to run pretty good. Still have a high idle but drops when put into drive or reverse. So need to smoke it at work and stop being lazy.
      88 d21 draggin pavement
      89 dirty30 kissin earth

Im just here to learn new things and meet new people.

Comment

plugs NGK ZGR5A
        cap bosch/bremi
        rotor bremi/bosch
        coil bosch
        fuel filter bosch/MAhle
        wires OEM style BERU or similar
        O2 sensor Bosch
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
        X