Which header would you use..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like its better to test out the btb copies
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
      Yikes! I'm sorry I didn't notice that they were for the e21. I saw the hp gain mention but just through it was a reference. Might be an excuse to install an oil relocation kit? Maybe a better cooler if you plan to build the engine for track?
      Yes, I somehow blindly believed that e30 has more space there and it will fit easily... It is (will be) a fast street car but maybe this is an option too, I will also try to rotate the filter forward but I am worried if there is enough room for ac compressor.. we will see

Originally posted by digger View Post
      sounds like its better to test out the btb copies
      I will try them...but i dont know... I´ve seen some dyno results on web where hottuning copy only made 1hp which is.. bad Actually, I dont know how is such a small power gain possible- I would say that there should be higher result- If I look the design of original e30 headers...

Comment

Ok, some progress. After more detailed look I have decided to use Hartge headers anyway. After some measurements I had to cut the flange off, and cut the primaries for about 10mm and welded the flange back. Now the problematic header sits 4mm close to the strut tower. It was not so bad as I thought it was. Will post photo when in position.

I also found solution about oil filter on e30.de. If you rotate it for 180 there is no problem at all, even with ac compressor-and it is also much easier to change it when servicing I think :).

Photo of original e30 hartge header versus e21 Rallye header, e21 header is much longer...

Comment

Working...
        X