No announcement yet.

Code:1222 | SOLVED | !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, gonna try a new FPR soon. New Bosch o2 didn't resolve. It ran fine for a few hundred miles and then the miss returned. Am I looking at a closed/open loop or thermal expansion issue? I am starting to get stumped. I am guessing its more so related to spark since it will run fine for a while with new plugs??
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

What are the chances a lighter flywheel can cause this to seem more serious? I drove the car for a year or so before this happened?
      20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

How light is the flywheel? You have a tune that adjusts idle to keep momentum for the lighter FW? I don't really think the FW would cause the issue but... if it's very light and the engine is correcting a lot to keep idle up, then mayyybe. It's not an issue I've encountered before, but it could perhaps be a possibility (very unlikely I believe, but who knows).

Comment

It's been lightened/resurfaced by a local performance shop. So I assume it would not be too much? I will probably change a few other sensors and see how long it last. I'll probably check compression and timing. Maybe its on it's last legs?

I have had my eye on a local m52b28 for cheap. I hate to leave the m20 though. There's also a local m20.. But these engines are pretty tired now. Guess I'll weigh my options. I wanted a boosted m20. Which is why I didn't mind replacing so much on my m20. Hated to buy that o2 though.
          20% Accurate

Comment

Did you buy an OEM BMW o2? The mustang o2 works fine and they're only like $50

A compression test is free (assuming you have the tool) and takes like 30 minutes, so might as well. Check the plugs while they're out and see if they are uniform or if there is discoloration on some/all of them.

Comment

I bought an OEM o2. It was a little over 60.

I do not have the tool. It's the first time I would need one. I have legitimately went through three or four boxes of plugs. They wear mostly even. Although on the ceramic around the post wears somewhat odd. It has a light brown wear on the ceramic part but near the grounding post??? Would pics help? I know some can look at a plug and tell.
              20% Accurate

Comment

Was this ever solved? Having the same problem in my 1991 318is.

I've replaced the Afm, 02 sensor, temp sensor (blue top) and still the issue persists.

Hoping you have made some progress.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
                  Was this ever solved? Having the same problem in my 1991 318is.

I've replaced the Afm, 02 sensor, temp sensor (blue top) and still the issue persists.

Hoping you have made some progress.
                  Yes, actually. It was the Crank Position Sensor. I tried many things. Replaced CPS and have been driving it for weeks and hundreds of miles. Absolutely zero issue! Good luck!
                  20% Accurate

Comment

Working...
                  X