E30 Throttle Body Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Throttle Body Question

Kind of a weird question but.. are these two nipples meant for something? I’m sure it’s a dumb question sorry:(
    Attached Files

General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

That's the throttle body heating pipes. Most delete them but they may be needed in certain climates
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Thanks for the response. Is there something I need to do to delete them? Or does it seem they did that already?

Comment

Im curious if this could be causing my weak idle/lag when I push on the gas..?

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyyyr View Post
            Im curious if this could be causing my weak idle/lag when I push on the gas..?
            What's under that duct tape?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
              What's under that duct tape?
              Im not sure.. Im guessing a crack. The previous owner did that. I actually just ordered a new ICV hose to replace it yesterday :)

Comment

Coolant flows through there to heat up the throttle body in cold weather. This is not needed in warm climates, so it's pretty common to delete it there. If you have coolant in your system and it's not pouring out, it was almost certainly deleted correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyyyr View Post
                  Thanks for the response. Is there something I need to do to delete them? Or does it seem they did that already?

One method of delete is to run the coolant hose from the back of the engine block (next to cyl. 6) directly to the thermostat housing, bypassing the two nipples on the TB. I'm guessing something similar has already been done.

Comment

Working...
                  X