Found a present in my fuel rail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a present in my fuel rail.

Was taking the fuel rail apart, and I heard a little piece of metal sliding around inside, after some careful work with some picks, I got it out.

So, what is this little bugger? Doesn't seem like it belongs there at all. I'm thinking part of the regulator came out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I do things.

Just had mine out and there was nothing like that present at all. I don’t even think the regulator has a part like that.

'08 E90 328i Sport '04 E53 3.0 '02 E46 325i Sport '91 E30 325ic M-Technic

Comment

Thanks man.

I'm going to err on the side of caution, I bought a new fuel rain and pressure regulator.
      I do things.

Comment

LMAO that piece is part of the throttle cable system. 35411152372
        "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Originally posted by Zambuzan View Post
          More important though...how did it get in there !!
          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
          Alice the Time Capsule
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by Zambuzan View Post
            Thanks!
            I checked RealOEM, sure enough, that's it.

Guess what was missing on the car?

I put the little fella back in his home. I can see on the throttle body where there is a groove for it to sit in.

It's barely small enough to fit in one of the holes on the fuel rail, I'm genuinely astonished.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
            I do things.

Comment

Maybe someone used it to plug a disconnected fuel line at one point and forgot about it?

Comment

Maybe the P.O had no problems with the car at one point and decided he was bored and did that to give himself something to work on ..........

eh worth a shot
                PERSON 1 - "It whispers to me at night...and convinces me i have to spend all my earnings on it...and buy all this stuff....to be cool...and be euro."

PERSON 2 - "Oh your married too?? Oh you mean the car....yes ....yes i agree...:shock:"

Comment

Working...
                X