CNC Machined Throttle Body Coolant Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
    Wow nice machining! Are you making your cuts all in on feed and speed or are you roughing and then finishing?

Looks like a really nice finish

I almost always do separate roughing and finishing on every single surface. Helps finishing tools last a lot longer!
    The beatings will continue until morale improves

Comment

PM’d

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I must have been one of the first to see this thread as I replied to the request asking for someone to test one. Now, full disclosure. I do not know "THE DUDE ABIDES" nor have I had any contact with him concerning what I am about to say in this post and I also have nothing to gain from what is said. He has not contacted me in any way at all other than to tell me he was sending one and gave me the tracking number. Having said that, I received my part yesterday. Mine looked exactly like the ones in the posted pictures and seems very well made. I put mine on a surface plate with a piece of 400 grit sandpaper and eliminated all the machining marks (only took a couple of passes), and made a gasket. I had to pull my throttle body off the intake in order to remove the fasteners as there was considerable corrosion on the threads. Once the fasteners and the holes were cleaned the new piece fit like a glove. I have driven the car approximately 10 miles to ensure everything was up to temperature and pressure and there have been no issues. Part looks great and functions as it should. Tomorrow I will be driving around 100 miles so that will be the true test. Will let all know my results. I took pictures but for some reason, I can not upload them.

Comment

I also received my part and although it won't be going on the car until I pull it apart for it's next checkup in a few months, the part is really well made. All the edges are properly chamfered and the surface finish is great. I have no doubt it'll work better than the 3d printed block off plate I'm running now!

Comment

PM sent.
            1991 318iC
            1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys! I definitely want to ensure that I'm shipping a quality product that is priced well. For those of you who bought one and think I could improve something on it, please let me know. Thanks again.

Comment

Couldn't you get away with a laser profile piece for the blockoff?
                89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                  Couldn't you get away with a laser profile piece for the blockoff?

Perhaps you could, but I think my parts look much nicer than a laser cut piece of plate.:D And they maintain the original thickness so you can use your stock torx screws if you want. Plus a thicker piece of aluminum will be more rigid and will apply more even force to the gasket surface (in the case of the CCV delete block). Not to mention the improved flatness and finish of a machined surface versus a raw plate stock surface for gasket sealing.

Comment

I've gotten a few questions about it, so I thought I would repost the prices all in one place.

Ported cover (direct oem replacement) - $25
                    Coolant block - $11
                    CCV block - $11

Shipping is free in the United States, regardless of how many you order. Thanks guys!

I should also mention that I am out of town as of today and will not be back until Monday morning. I'm happy to take orders, but unfortunately will be unable to ship anything until Monday. Thanks again!

Comment

Drove 135 miles today and as expected, no part failure or leaks. An outstanding job. Thanks for allowing me to try it.

Comment

Quick update:

Coolant delete plates and coolant/CCV delete plates are back in stock and ready to ship!

Unfortunately as circumstances have changed, prices have gone up slightly. Price is now $14 shipped anywhere in the US for either part.

No ported covers in stock at this time.

Comment

Can you provide updated photos - or fix the links in the first post...I see nothin'

Comment

Originally posted by Lugnuts View Post
                            Can you provide updated photos - or fix the links in the first post...I see nothin'
                            Yes, apparently my pics don't show up anymore. Google photos used to work, but not anymore I suppose. I will fix shortly. Thank you for making me aware.

Comment

Coolant circuit delete plate

Comment

Coolant and CCV circuit block off.

Comment

Working...
                                X