2.7 and emmsisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.7 and emmsisions

Talking to my engine guy today. Need to know from people whom are running 2.7's... what cam are you running and are still able to pass a state emmisions test?
    1997 Porsche Carrera "S" The Mistress
    1988 BMW R100RS "Ultimate Airhead"
    1987 325is Daily driver and tracktoy with a growing list of mods.

OK. Anybody here have a 2.7 that gets past emmisions testing?

Comment

Mine passed CA smog no problem just after building the 2.7 with a 284/272 cam. Original Cat with 280k on still did the job. I actually had better readings compared to the old stock engine.
      Alpina used the same duration cam in their 2.7 so why not. Did use an RD K27chip used in their similar spec. engine.

I would not worry about it.

Hope this helps.

Santa

Comment

Thanks. I just didn't want to build something that I could not get by big brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Reynard38 View Post
          Thanks. I just didn't want to build something that I could not get by big brother.
          Wouldn't your car be exempt from emissions next year? My very mild 2.7iS (88 super eta with i head and ancillaries) had no issues passing emissions.

Comment

Originally posted by e9nine View Post
            Wouldn't your car be exempt from emissions next year? My very mild 2.7iS (88 super eta with i head and ancillaries) had no issues passing emissions.
            I think GA is going back 25 years on emmisions testing. If it was exempt that would open up a lot of possibilities!

Comment

I just checked the GA Clean Air Site. for 1987 you have to test 1982 and newer cars, so it is a 25 year lookback.

Comment

Originally posted by Reynard38 View Post
                I just checked the GA Clean Air Site. for 1987 you have to test 1982 and newer cars, so it is a 25 year lookback.
                Eugh. That sucks. There's options out there if you do fail though.... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Swede-E30 View Post
                  Mine passed CA smog no problem just after building the 2.7 with a 284/272 cam. Original Cat with 280k on still did the job. I actually had better readings compared to the old stock engine.
                  Alpina used the same duration cam in their 2.7 so why not. Did use an RD K27chip used in their similar spec. engine.

I would not worry about it.

Hope this helps.

Santa
                  Alpina did not use a shrick 284/272 cam, the intake side was around 268-272
                  89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
                  X