intake air temp sensor code 1224

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake air temp sensor code 1224

Has anyone had their intake air temp sensor go out?

The car had been running a bit rough, and i pulled the motronic codes using the tapdance method - got fault number 1224, "intake air temp sensor".

I searched, and didn't see anyone listing that code. any input?

Thanks!
    Jay

Your E30 intake air temperature sensor [IAT] is part of the Bosch air flow meter [AFM] and non-serviceable.

You can use E30 Bentley manual and Charles Probst Bosch F.I. and Engine Management [Motronic] books to test the sensor as far as being isolated in the housing and whether it is working.

If it IS the IAT, your solution is get another used AFM for ~$50 or buy a new one for about ~$400. They don't sell the IAT separately through after market auto channels ... could prolly get it through electric supply / sensor parts sites.

Good luck.
    Jason

'90 325ix ~ '89 325iX ~ '00 E39 528iT 5M
    JScottRacing

Comment

you can swap it out though if you find another used AFM.. but it's probably just easier to swap the whole AFM in :p
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        you can swap it out though if you find another used AFM.. but it's probably just easier to swap the whole AFM in :p
        exactly what i did (i had a spare) and it turned out the problem was a fluke anyways. the AFM harness wasn't completely connected for some reason.

Thanks guys!
        Jay

Comment

Working...
        X