86mm pistons.....Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86mm pistons.....Where?

I am building a stroker M20 on boost and gathering all the parts for my engine build. Im trying to find a place to order a set of pistons that I can use a 2.7 crank and 135mm rods. Anyone have a place that they recommend that will not rake me over the coals for a set of pistons set up for 9 to 1 compression?
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Seeing as mm makes their pistons to 10:1 compression ratio, I think you're out of luck there. You can use an s50 crank with 135mm rods and their 3200 pistons, which will give you a compression ratio of about 8.2:1, but they dont recommend running over 12psi because of the crown thickness.

You'd probably just be better off getting a custom set of pistons for IE or whoever 2mm overbore.

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
    On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
    BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Problem is locating a 3.0 crank. They are just not around anymore. Well for the price I want to pay for one. I could use the ones from MM and use a coper head gasket to bring down the compression ratio but really have not seen such head gaskets for the M20. I have the 2.7 crank and the 135mm rods already. So its just sourcing out the pistons.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

you can probably get custom ones made. but I'm not sure how well other ones would work at 86mm.. the MM ones are made to run cooler and not expand as much.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Its a turbo project, not a NA one. Off the top of anyone's head does anyone know what MM charges for their piston set?

Nando you changed your post! :o)

Comment

why 135 mm rods?

Comment

hey look into wesico my bro is ordering a set of 6 customs for his GM3.4l DOHC motor for something like 86 a piston, something like 525 all total.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                Its a turbo project, not a NA one. Off the top of anyone's head does anyone know what MM charges for their piston set?

Nando you changed your post! :o)
                yeah I noticed that after I wrote it. :p

they are about $1200 with rings and all. no, they're not cheap..
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

PM me if you're interested in an s50 crank for $300 + shipping. I have an email address of somebody selling one.

-Addis

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                  On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                  BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Working...
                  X