Performance Chips in 525 ECUs?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GopherBrain
    Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 47

    #1

    Performance Chips in 525 ECUs?

    Can you run performance chips in 525 ECUs? I bought a 525 today, just to have on hand as a spare for my 173. When I got it home, I noticed it had been opened before, so I popped it open and found a Racing Dynamics chip. Their website says that the chip is good in 173 and 380 ECUs, but I thought they were pretty much the same as a 525.

    If it doesn't really work, can I swap the RD chip into the 173 and the 173 chip into the 525?
    sigpic
    1988 M3 - Summer Toy
    1991 325i - Soon to be sold...
    2001 Audi B5 S4 Avant - Daily Driver
  • MR 325
    Moderator
    • Oct 2003
    • 37833

    #2
    Usually the chip is made for each particular ECU and will not work with something else.

    Buy the right one.
    BimmerHeads
    Classic BMW Power Delivered Worldwide
    Grover Beach, California
    BimmerHeads.com

    Comment

    • nando
      Moderator
      • Nov 2003
      • 34844

      #3
      you can get chips for the 525. I had one from bavauto, but I think markD makes one as well.
      Build thread

      Bimmerlabs

      Comment

      Working...