X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Thank You!

Any 1.1/1.3 harness will work.

Stop thinking of it in years and start thinking of it as Motronic Versions.

You are ultimately upgrading the Motronics of your e30.

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
    1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Sweet, Then I should be in business this weekend. Ill try to take pics along the way. Im doing my Tbelt and H2O Pump at the same time.

Comment

Why is this not stickied?

Comment

I dont think it could have been done any easier or cheper it is like doing maintinance on your engine and when you put it back together just use i parts... simple as that. :hitler:

Well said! Thanks for positive help and help in general.

Comment

my car is running very well, except I can't get the tacho, or temp guage to work, have spliced the wires on the rectangle plug, but still no go (1.3 harness and 173 ecu/323i head in 86 325e)
            12.921 @ 106.48mph - N/A E36 3.0L daily driver

Comment

So I have read this entire thread and a couple of people have their cars setup with the eta bottom end and eta head. This seems optimal because you maintain the 9.0:1 compression ratio. That said, why is it considered ideal to use seta piston with the i head, if that lowers the CR to 8.5?

Wouldn't eta bottom and head with i cam, valves, and valve springs be the best setup if you don't want to go with custom pistons or milling the head?
              sigpic

Comment

885 i head will flow better than any highly modded 200 casting eta head. So it is the optimal choice even with 8.5:1
                Old and improved:

Comment

I have everything necessary to stroke my 84e from my parts car which is a 89i. The only problem I have not figured is how to deal with the fuel pump setups. Is it as simple as just switching the pumps and lines?
                  Originally posted by csermonet47
                  Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Ah re-reading post 49 and 51 helped out alot.
                    Originally posted by csermonet47
                    Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Here ia a thread that I started about a stroker build SPECIFICALLY on an S-eta:

I leaned heavily on info in this thread to get it going. Any help or input is appreciated!
                      Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

this is what Im building I head and e block and a gt30 turbo with 3 inch exhaust. no cat just need to find a 3.25

Comment

I tried to use the provided link to use a 82-85 body harness clip on the 1.3 harness, but I can't seem to figure out which pin is which. Does anyone have a diagram that goes by colors?

Comment

My head is buzzing a little from all the different combinations...someone please help me out. I feel like I am seeing a contradiction in the write up but it is obviously just me not understanding everything.....

So lets say I found a 1988 325es and stuck a 325i head on it. Does this mean I have domed pistons and also the domed combustion chambers on the head of the 325i?

If so, do I want flat pistons if I plan to boost it? If that's the case should I stick pistons from a 325i or from an earlier 325e into it?

So after this is all said and done can I plug the 325i ECU into the 325es harness?

Thank you!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kenika65 View Post

And to now clarify, My 2.7i is an eta block with eta head, i cams (cams plural?? how many you got in there?), and everything connected to it is from an i motor.. every sensor.. everything bolt. it is practically an i but with a 2.7 bottom end with eta pistons and head.

LOL the entire car is now an i, the flywheel back is from an i car, exhaust, gastank and fuel system...
                              dont listen to this guy. the head is the main problem. keeping the eta head and adding b25 parts arent going to help that. that head wont breath like an 885 head. it wont be a b25 car, just a fucked up eta. i seriously doubt this guy has even put together his motor, or he would know it doesnt have more than one cam. good luck guys, a real "2.7 i" is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by shopkeep View Post
                                My head is buzzing a little from all the different combinations...someone please help me out. I feel like I am seeing a contradiction in the write up but it is obviously just me not understanding everything.....

So lets say I found a 1988 325es and stuck a 325i head on it. Does this mean I have domed pistons and also the domed combustion chambers on the head of the 325i?

If so, do I want flat pistons if I plan to boost it? If that's the case should I stick pistons from a 325i or from an earlier 325e into it?

So after this is all said and done can I plug the 325i ECU into the 325es harness?

Thank you!
                                if it is a 1988 it should have the Super Eta motor, so yes the pistons would match the 325i head. The non-1988 Eta motors will have flat pistons that would not match the head and give lower compression.

Comment

Working...
                                X