Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol this is my thread goof... If u don't like it I'd gladly delete it just for u

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
    1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

So going with the flat pistons combined with a 325i head would be ideal for boost/would work? or not work?...with the way you worded it I am not sure which way you meant, sorry.
      sigpic

Comment

If u allready have the super eta then just put an I head on so you will have oil passages for the i CAMS and an I intake for the larger runners and the i ecu ex. #173. And with this combination you will have compression under 9:1 so boost accordingly. Let me kno if u have more questions

and the m20 is extremly interchangable so its not if it will work but if it will benifit you
        Last edited by kenika65; 03-15-2010, 10:18 PM.

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
        1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by kenika65 View Post
          Lol this is my thread goof... If u don't like it I'd gladly delete it just for u
          sounds good, im sure it misleads a lot of people/encourages a lot of idiots to do stupid things with their etas. so how many cams you got in that thing man?

Comment

Alright well as long as it's under 9:1 then I don't want to go any lower. I'm curious to know though if flat pistons will work alright with the i head, lowering compression further? I'm sure this is where I need to stop asking questions and continuing reading....I'll stop bugging you now, thanks for the info :)
            sigpic

Comment

okay, i buy an I and swap the first post parts.. but while refreshing it- do i buy an I or Es timing belt? the marks for timing line up? use the same reference sensors? which head gasket and blck gasket kit should i buy? i ask because i'll be doing this relatively soon, so i need to know what i have to go out and buy..

Comment

Originally posted by E30QC View Post
                okay, i buy an I and swap the first post parts.. but while refreshing it- do i buy an I or Es timing belt? the marks for timing line up? use the same reference sensors? which head gasket and blck gasket kit should i buy? i ask because i'll be doing this relatively soon, so i need to know what i have to go out and buy..
                All interchangable.
                Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

lol you will find that the i is mostly the only thing available after market, like the intake gaskets are always i gaskets so like he said they are all the same so if anything ask for i parts.

Comment

ok, and whats the extra oil channels? i thought the I head had special passage ways the E didn't? this sounds dumb, but as i have yet to see an I head from underneath.. i don't know, but i can go ahead and order my 2.5 rebuild kit, aka gasket set?

Comment

ok, and whats the extra oil channels? i thought the I head had special passage ways the E didn't? this sounds dumb, but as i have yet to see an I head from underneath.. i don't know, but i can go ahead and order my 2.5 rebuild kit, aka gasket set?
                      It's not from underneath, its oil passages on the the cam bearings, I'll try to find a pic and post it. Any machine shop should be able to drill them pretty cheap.

Edit: here ya go.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by 884door; 12-03-2009, 12:49 AM.

Comment

but the i head has these already and is fed via the route for an eta, so the i will get the same press. of oil?- i was talking to my mechanic about finding my flywheel, and he mentioned an I wouldn't work because of the pick up points.. does this also then mean i should get an I tranny and bellhousing, because I'm planning on swapping in the entire IS harness, will my ref. point sensor and idle speed sensor no longer work? is it easier just to use my eta harness?

Comment

ok as for the tranny issue, no you dont have to change it you just wont use the flywheel sensors because the 1.1/1.3 harness uses a front crank sensor instead.

I sold my sensors for good money..

And as for the e harness throw it in the trash!

Comment

do you have a pic of the fron crank sensor? i take it it doesn't go on the bottom end?

Comment

but the i head has these already and is fed via the route for an eta, so the i will get the same press. of oil?- i was talking to my mechanic about finding my flywheel, and he mentioned an I wouldn't work because of the pick up points.. does this also then mean i should get an I tranny and bellhousing, because I'm planning on swapping in the entire IS harness, will my ref. point sensor and idle speed sensor no longer work? is it easier just to use my eta harness?
                              Your oil pressure will be fine, its an extra 3 2mm passages.

P.s. sorry for the pic quality, looked fine when I made it but I saved it as a bmp instead of a jpg so it looks like crap.

Comment

damn imeem.com deleted all my pics ill have to take another!

Comment

Working...
                                X