adj. cam gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adj. cam gear

Does anyone know where to buy one, or could one modify their existing stock gear to advance the camshaft?

One of our team cars has an adjustable cam gear....I *think* we got it from BMP years ago. I'll have my buddy chime in on this one.

Cheers.
    Jack Money
    http://www.Elephant Motorsports.com

>> AST 4100 for BMW E30 $1649 <<

AST Monotube Dampers and Coilover Kits - Full Service Dealer
    Schroth Safety Products Distributor

BMW Replacement Parts - 24/7 Secure Online Ordering

Comment

Yup, I got it from BMP years ago, but it doesn't appear that they carry them anymore. I'm fairly certain that VAC has one and I'm Korman probably has some. If you had access to an indexing head for a mill, it wouldn't be too hard to make...
      John Van Houten
      Elephant Motorsports

We are a Schroth Distributor
      Sparco E30 Strut Braces in stock!
      AST Monotube Dampers - Adjustable, Rebuildable

Elephant Motorsports Specials!

"Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." --Steve McQueen

Comment

I have access to a mill at work, I'll have to see if it can be done. Is there any other details that you could give me? TIA.

Comment

get a NUKE one from PPF.......i have one, its a quality piece of gear that fits perfectly and it is a piece of cake to operate.
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

how do adjustable cam gears work on a M20 w/ light internal, for example Ireland Engineering Stainless Steel Cat Back Exhaust and cone K& N intake

Comment

Originally posted by BadGrammer View Post
              how do adjustable cam gears work on a M20 w/ light internal, for example Ireland Engineering Stainless Steel Cat Back Exhaust and cone K& N intake

Well first off a cone filter and cat-back exhaust does nOT equal "light internal" work. :tsk:

Secondly an adjustable cam gear works the same on all engines, it basically moves the torque/powerband up or down the rev range a few hundred rpm's.
              Just like advancing or retarding your ignition timing.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                Well first off a cone filter and cat-back exhaust does nOT equal "light internal" work. :tsk:

Secondly an adjustable cam gear works the same on all engines, it basically moves the torque/powerband up or down the rev range a few hundred rpm's.
                Just like advancing or retarding your ignition timing.
                thanks for the input

Comment

nice use of an smiley...

:tsk:
                  sigpic
                  - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcko View Post
                    nice use of an smiley...
                    :tsk:

Haha WTF is up Rich ?? :D

Comment

Not much mang!

Just cursing :x at the left rear bearing every morning thats all... Now that the weather is cooler the bearing squealing is more noticeable. But no dispair... Got the SIR tool from the club so now I am all set to attempt the repair and hopefully not get by a stuck hub...

that is once the wife gives a darn free Saturday. Suppose to get with Jordan and help him out with his bearings also... Poor kid has been patiently waiting.

Hey whatever happened to your little dancing man!
                      sigpic
                      - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcko View Post
                        Not much mang!

Just cursing :x at the left rear bearing every morning thats all... Now that the weather is cooler the bearing squealing is more noticeable. But no dispair... Got the SIR tool from the club so now I am all set to attempt the repair and hopefully not get by a stuck hub...

that is once the wife gives a darn free Saturday. Suppose to get with Jordan and help him out with his bearings also... Poor kid has been patiently waiting.

Hey whatever happened to your little dancing man!

Ahhh , Brandon told me you were set to swap the bearing last Saturday .
                        Not sure I know who Jordan is ?
                        What side is making noise ? I might have an extra complete trailing arm if you need .

I got owned by my hosting site losing some files and I didn't have a backup of my little guy . :(

Comment

brandon, jordan... cant keep names straight. mid life alzimers onset

Yeah, Brandon. He hooked me up with a complete tool kit and fog lights! Sucks man, I really wanted to help get the rear end of his car squared out. I will still help him, just I dont got the time. Wife volunteer for the kids school two Sat in a row! I am stuck.

I got both sides squealing... Left is the worse. I got the parts to replace and clean it all up. Just need some time. Sucks

rest in peace little dancing man...
                          sigpic
                          - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

Haha , Brandon ..Jordon whatever ..they are both noobs anyway . :rofl:

Damn both sides , that is pretty hardcore.
                            Must be from all the fuh raze parts that are installed . :D

Hey I met over the phone they guy that picked up your BBS skirts .
                            Guess what he was looking for ? My side skirts . :p
                            Seems like a cool guy , was suposed to meet him last week but I dropped the ball on getting the parts ready that he needed .
                            I'll most likey meet up with him this weekend .

Comment

yeah, previous owner ax / tracked this car for like 6 yrs befor I took it over. Figure, based on the work I have had to do on it, this car had little maintenance over that life. 258k miles, the same distance from the earth to the moon nuts!

The razing parts are all cool and all, but yeah, they take their tool. I am still waiting to someday have the rear end rip out of the chassis due to all the hard urethane replace there.

On to the BBS, Yeah that guy was pretty straight. He drove a white 325is with an S50ish something swap. Ultra clean out and in, but then again it was nite time. Regardless, the car rode nice and it just look and sounded good. Maybe jealous to the point that I started to consider finding a cleaner car and doing a similar swap.

I think it will be cool to meet with that guy. Hard to find enthusiast our age that drive E30s. The ones I keep running into all drive the $$$ fancy stuff. Nothing wrong with that but ... Why did he need another set of skirts? Figure all he had to do was sand the black primer down.

Just realieced we hijacked this thread ...
                              sigpic
                              - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X