Q: Spaghetti Bowl Under Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q: Spaghetti Bowl Under Intake

Next, I need to attack the fuel lines, coolant hoses, & whatever that are under or attached to the intake manifold.

Q: What all should I order to replace while I'm working in there?

Q: Do I need to remove the intake manifold, or just have the common courtesty of giving it a reach-around*?

Q: Any other suggestions?

BTW the 63K engine is purring thanks to all the help from you fellas - I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

*Watch "Full Metal Jacket" and you'll understand.:(
    "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Remove it, intake mani gasket commonly fails and causes vac leaks. Ide replace the vac lines, and the oring things for the CCV tube going down to the oil pan.

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

no need to remove it unless you suspect it is leaking... my opinion. You can pretty much reach around everything no issues. Actually I can only think of one hose, the breather from the valve cover to the throttle body...

Replace the 3 or 4 big dia coolant hoses up front, the 1 complex shape medium diameter that runs along the side of the engine fore and aft and t's to the reservoir. the two smaller ones feeding the throlle body can be bypass if you wish... they are there to help maintain a nice constant TB air temp during cold weather. The the hose from the back of the engine niple the heater core intake.

fuel line, return line to charcoal canister, feed line to rail, charcoal to hrd line returning to tank, tank to filter, filter to hardline feeding line rail line. there are I think two or three others that connect to the tank and then the one from the fuel pump to the hardline that feeds the filter line.

all others are an easy reach easily accessible.
      sigpic
      - 0.05s and 0.1s FTW!!!

Comment

Working...
      X